Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can I get some usability feedback

• 18-04-2012 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

hi guys
    I'm doing a project for college which will eventually go live for a charity working in Mozambique.
    could I get dome usability feedback on it?
    www.brianwadeonline.com

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I'd suggest finding a nice free template, that will be better than what you've got, design wise.

It's so simple & basic a site structure that it's not got any major usability issues, it just looks a bit mental with the pink bg, and the images take *ages* too load cause they're too big. The gallery is a bit tricky to use.

I kinda ask myself these days. Is it better than a facebook page. Not sure in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

p wrote: »
    I'd suggest finding a nice free template, that will be better than what you've got, design wise.

It's so simple & basic a site structure that it's not got any major usability issues, it just looks a bit mental with the pink bg, and the images take *ages* too load cause they're too big. The gallery is a bit tricky to use.

I kinda ask myself these days. Is it better than a facebook page. Not sure in this case.

I was limited with the project and couldn't use a template. I had to use a fluid grid. Planning on revamping it for going live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

You should not really auto play those videos, especially not two at the same time, one sure fire way to irritate the hell out of your users !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The images are very heavy and will increase the page loadtime a lot.
    Instead of constricting big images, use smaller image that'll load faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The images should be resized to the size they are being displayed at.

You should also be able to get a decent looking template with fluid sizing too, and the design needs it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement