Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 8) April 20-21st

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

3rd win in a row hopefully. Monaghan yet to a win a game and with leaky defence by the looks of things. Win will put us above UCD if they don't beat Pats in Richmond and 8 points off bottom.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Drogheda away.

To say I'm looking forward to this one is an understatement. :)

While unlikely, Drogheda could be top by Friday night. :eek:

Whatever the result, I really hope we go for it and don't sit back and defend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Is there a list anywhere of the fixtures that RTE are showing live in the coming weeks/months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

United Park, probably one of the best away sections for atmosphere in the League.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Drogheda away.

Wish I could make this but alas its not to be. Drogheda have a very unique ground in that it is both the worst and the best in the country at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

If we can get a draw against Sligo, I'll be happy with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    If we can get a draw against Sligo, I'll be happy with that.
    Surprised you'd say that. We haven't played well yet this season, think Bara has yet to decide on our best team/formation. I've no doubt it'll click and when it does we could be very very good. But Cork should be hoping for a win here.

That said if we put the right team out we should win this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭CSF

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Surprised you'd say that. We haven't played well yet this season, think Bara has yet to decide on our best team/formation. I've no doubt it'll click and when it does we could be very very good. But Cork should be hoping for a win here.

Still top of the league, regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

CSF wrote: »
    Still top of the league, regardless.

Which is a great sign considering we haven't had our strongest XI on the pitch yet and as AgileMyth said, the team is still tinkering with the tactics :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Which is a great sign considering we haven't had our strongest XI on the pitch yet and as AgileMyth said, the team is still tinkering with the tactics :).
    I think that applies to almost everyone. Such is the nature of the LOI where everyones team changes dramatically from year to year including very often the manager.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Eh, ye are unbeaten, have only conceeded 4 goals, are top of the league and we only got our first win of the season last week.....yes I'll be happy with a draw.
    Don't get me wrong if Cty click we are well capable of winning. But even last week, we gave Mon several chances before we hockeyed them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Brrrrrrrr-ay.

I presume there's going to be a sudden icy blast across Ireland on Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

LOL at Sligo manager on MNS saying teams want to knock them off their perch. Getting ahead of himself at bit.

stovelid wrote: »
    LOL at Sligo manager on MNS saying teams want to knock them off their perch. Getting ahead of himself at bit.

I don't understand..You don't want to knock us off the top of the table then? That is what he means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

All set for a decent game at the Cross.

Hopefully the idea of pressing the ball has hit home for Tommy Dunne.

Daryl Horgan to show up the folly of the Sligo board for letting him go on the "cheap"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Love playing UCD with Russell their manager, reckon both of us will create a world record for the amount of passes on the halfway line.

Daryl Horgan to show up the folly of the Sligo board for letting him go on the "cheap"
    Everyone here is well aware of Horgan's ability. He wasn't happy in Sligo and we had the opportunity to bring Boco back. No point in keeping him here to sit on the bench. The move made sense for all three parties imo.

Best of luck to him. Hope he fulfills his obvious potential and makes it at the highest level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,088 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Derry need the 3pts v Dundalk.

No point taking Rovers to the cleaners in the Setanta;) if we're going to drop more points at home.

We are struggling with some injuries at present but need to keep in the mix at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

stovelid wrote: »

I think he was just saying that when you are top, the opposition see it as a bigger game and are more up for it.

He certainly didn't come across as arrogant. Not to me anyway.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I don't understand..You don't want to knock us off the top of the table then? That is what he means.

Fair enough. It's valid in terms of the league position but he's kidding himself if he thinks you're hated like we are. :pac:

The point about Sligo earlier actually applies to us too. Both teams are bedding in a new managaer and new additions and haven't really clicked yet but are still racking up points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Drogheda away.

So do I mate. It would make for a really open game as we love to attack under Mick Cooke. Very hard game to predict. Probably odds on for the draw though, a score draw.

dan1895 wrote: »
    Wish I could make this but alas its not to be. Drogheda have a very unique ground in that it is both the worst and the best in the country at the same time.

Haha, couldnt agree more. We have a saying on UP - its a kip, but its our kip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Do I dare be confident and think Bohs will win a 3rd game in a row against a pretty poor Monaghan squad in recent weeks?

Yes... Yes I do. ;)

10-0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Back to winning ways for the boys! Come on the TOWN!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Also, MUTV are coming to the Flansiro! They'll be taping the game, as well as interviewing Gillespie and fans about his time with us.
    More here! :D

That_Guy wrote: »
    Do I dare be confident and think Bohs will win a 3rd game in a row against a pretty poor Monaghan squad in recent weeks?

Yes... Yes I do. ;)

10-0
    First game I'm feeling somewhat confident about.

Guaranteed loss :p

First game I'm feeling somewhat confident about.

Guaranteed loss :p

Meant to ask you actually. What's the bar like at Dalymount these days? Planning to head in early enough with a few mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭edolan

Everyone here is well aware of Horgan's ability. He wasn't happy in Sligo and we had the opportunity to bring Boco back. No point in keeping him here to sit on the bench. The move made sense for all three parties imo.

Best of luck to him. Hope he fulfills his obvious potential and makes it at the highest level.

Not sure what many people from Sligo saw in Horgan, he was never great in any games he played for us, his crosses were light and were easy for keepers to come and catch them. That being said on MNS it seems that everything that Cork do attacking wise is coming through him. Disappointed not to be heading down myself, haven't been to Turners Cross since we got them in the cup when we were still in the first division, but have an exam that afternoon. Will hopefully get down there for the next game.

Meant to ask you actually. What's the bar like at Dalymount these days? Planning to head in early enough with a few mates.
    Gets a decent crowd pre-match. Pints are reasonably cheap dear but quality can be inconsistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭shanec1928

I think the woman he met down there had a bigger influence on his decision;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Really wish we were away tonight. No form whatsoever for the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

You get served by Bohs players themselves!!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    You get served by Bohs players themselves!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Any matches live on the tele tonight lads? :)

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Any matches live on the tele tonight lads? :)

Nope. RTE are showing the rugby instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Nope. RTE are showing the rugby instead.

Fúck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Rovers should really be beating Cork but we weren't great the last couple of games so I'm wary tonight, think it'll be a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I reckon i'm in for the most exciting nil all draw ever at Richmond Park tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,505 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Holy **** things are going down in Bray tonight.

Pascal coming on. Historic day.

• Advertisement

Praise god! Go Pascal!

1-0 North :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Fair play Sligo.

my friend text me saying ye fully deserved the win.

Over 3k see City lose 1-0, poor game, thought we'd get the draw but it wasn't to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,088 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Derry starting to struggle in the league, another bad result for us tonight.

I see SK has got another dodgy result for Rovers tonight, although did come back well. I tell you all, SK will make Rovers a worse team. Watch this space.

Pathetic performance from Bohs, outplayed by Mons who had 10 men for most of the game. Fitness was shocking.

2-0 Saints

best 15 quid i have ever spent in this league, ****ing awesome game. Both sides went out to win and played some smashing football. Other teams take note they went 352 start of 2nd half and for 30 minutes it was a boxing match, we both just went at each other, we hit the post 3 times the bar twice, cleared off the line twice. It was actually a better match then the 5-1 cos they came to play football. Fcukin love UCD :D

LOL@ Shels "we should be putting these teams away" ahahah told yah nah nah nah :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

*mumbles something about a conspiracy*

Apart from the fact we're shocking, some of the decisions are outrageous. I assume it was the refs first game up here, but he gave offside from a peno.

One thing I will say is, Bray were the least sporting team I've seen in this league. In big derby games against Bohs, Pats etc you'd see the players show a bit of respect for the other team but bray showed absolutely none. If I seen that sort of behaviour from a Rovers player Id be disgusted.

Ebbs wrote: »
    One thing I will say is, Bray were the least sporting team I've seen in this league. In big derby games against Bohs, Pats etc you'd see the players show a bit of respect for the other team but bray showed absolutely none. If I seen that sort of behaviour from a Rovers player Id be disgusted.
    What happened?

Ebbs wrote: »

Apart from the fact we're shocking, some of the decisions are outrageous. I assume it was the refs first game up here, but he gave offside from a peno.

Your the FAIs lovechild so no conspiracy.

All LOI refs have one of these and they randomly shake it. Us and UCD should have had a peno each tonight, ref and lino too slow to keep up with the game meant noone got one.

magic8Ball.jpg

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Fcukin love UCD :D

Like you'd love them if they didn't take their hiding. :)

All I can positively say about tonight is a fougt-back point and we're still well in the chase.

I wish some of this alleged FAI love for us would translate into competent officiating.

• Advertisement
Advertisement