Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 8) April 20-21st

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Bohs were diabolical tonight. Absolute woeful performance against 10 men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

What happened?

Just from the kick off they tried to waste time. Instead of handing it over would just drop it on the ground, when the ball was rolling to a player he'd pretend to pass it and just step over it, O'Connor had the ball for I would guess about 10minutes of the game taking goal kicks alone. Time wasting is part of the game, but show a little respect with it.

Complete anti football from the beginning.

Crazy decisions though, they signalled for 4 minutes added time, and then because they made a mistake with the peno just blew up.

Bray should have had a peno too, clear hand ball by McCormac in the box, although in saying that we probs could have had one or two.

To put the officiating into perspective, Douglas was official of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

stovelid wrote: »
    Like you'd love them them if they didn't their hiding. :)

Seriously their like an under 8 team thats not allowed kick it long. Great to watch and just seem to find centrebacks that are brilliant with the ball at their feet (also prone to mistakes). And we heart Russell in Inchicore :p

236-01.gif

Please please please please let Sligo come at us and try and win, it will be some game and my 1st missed game of the season :( Stupid fcuking work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ebbs wrote: »
    *mumbles something about a conspiracy*

Apart from the fact we're shocking, some of the decisions are outrageous. I assume it was the refs first game up here, but he gave offside from a peno.

One thing I will say is, Bray were the least sporting team I've seen in this league. In big derby games against Bohs, Pats etc you'd see the players show a bit of respect for the other team but bray showed absolutely none. If I seen that sort of behaviour from a Rovers player Id be disgusted.

So the big Wicklow derby is not as sporting as the Dublin ones?? :(

dreamers75 wrote: »
    2-0 Saints

best 15 quid i have ever spent in this league, ****ing awesome game. Both sides went out to win and played some smashing football. Other teams take note they went 352 start of 2nd half and for 30 minutes it was a boxing match, we both just went at each other, we hit the post 3 times the bar twice, cleared off the line twice. It was actually a better match then the 5-1 cos they came to play football. Fcukin love UCD :D

LOL@ Shels "we should be putting these teams away" ahahah told yah nah nah nah :D

I'm not even gonna bother watching El Classico tomorrow. It'll only be a letdown after tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Pathetic performance from Bohs, outplayed by Mons who had 10 men for most of the game. Fitness was shocking.

With them being down to 10 for so long I thought (well, hoped) they'd tire as it went on... not really an issue. Absolute dirt tonight. Very frustrating.
    If only we'd got the fecking early goal instead of their 'keeper getting a red... bah, whatever. :mad:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

On the bright note, McEvoy's goal was a peach and a half. GOTS contender.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

What was bennion sent off for?

assume handling outside box?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Took down Moore through on goal

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Professional foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Can definitely feel unlucky losing against Sligo tonight. Sligo plenty of possession in their own half and midfield without creating much. Bad mistake from Dan for the goal, sickener really but lot more encouraging from our first few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

This was posted on the Sligo Rovers forum last season to describe Dan Murray. Always makes me laugh.

abd-03.gif

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    This was posted on the Sligo Rovers forum last season to describe Dan Murray. Always makes me laugh.

abd-03.gif

Probably true enough this season. Played well tonight up till the mistake though.

abd-03.gif

Any Kenny Browne pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

This was posted on the Sligo Rovers forum last season to describe Dan Murray. Always makes me laugh.]

He would probably just reply that he's won more League Of Ireland titles than Sligo have in their entire history.

• Advertisement

He would probably just reply that he's won more League Of Ireland titles than Sligo have in their entire history.

Any idea how?.........seriously thats one of those things that perplexes people.

Any idea how?.........seriously thats one of those things that perplexes people.

Does it? He was the best defender in the league by a distance when we won the title in 2005. Rovers fans would be more able to say how he played with them, but I get the impression he did good.

Watched him for two years and he's a good player. No mystery really.

Watched him for two years and he's a good player. No mystery really.

One of those players i never actually seen anything decent about him, brutal with the ball as his feet, slow as fcuk when one on one. Honestly still think i can do a job as an LOI CB if he can. He wins a few headers tho.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

One thing I will say is, Bray were the least sporting team I've seen in this league. In big derby games against Bohs, Pats etc you'd see the players show a bit of respect for the other team but bray showed absolutely none. If I seen that sort of behaviour from a Rovers player Id be disgusted.

Have to agree some of it was exceptionally childish and I think the turning point of the game was Quigley (?) getting booked having spent 30 minutes of spooling tactics even straight after the first goal - with 70 minutes left. After the yellow, the ball started coming back at him quicker. He was at it last season too.

The penalty decision was one of the worst I've seen...there was open laughter amongst us Rovers fans down that end..Twigg fell over himself :pac: Billy did encroach though but Quigley was also off his line to save the penalty.

Awful first half with McCormack exposed and Turner and Finn not offering any protection, but Bray just didn't turn up in the second: negative, spoiling tactics. Once the first goal went in, Bray didn't look up for it and Rovers were first to every ball and should've won it.

Did Bohs lose to Mons?:eek:

• Advertisement

One of those players i never actually seen anything decent about him, brutal with the ball as his feet, slow as fcuk when one on one. Honestly still think i can do a job as an LOI CB if he can. He wins a few headers tho.

Yeah he's certainly led the defense in two spectacularly unsuccessful teams alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Shels lost... Must have been John Delaney's fault!

Murray's still the best footballing centre-half in the league and best at taking the ball forward with his feet, so if you think you're better dreamers75 I'm sure Ferguson and Guardiola will be emailing you on Monday with a contract..

GON outpaced a Bray defender in the first half, so he mustn't be the slowest either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,505 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just from the kick off they tried to waste time. Instead of handing it over would just drop it on the ground, when the ball was rolling to a player he'd pretend to pass it and just step over it, O'Connor had the ball for I would guess about 10minutes of the game taking goal kicks alone. Time wasting is part of the game, but show a little respect with it.

Complete anti football from the beginning.

Crazy decisions though, they signalled for 4 minutes added time, and then because they made a mistake with the peno just blew up.

Bray should have had a peno too, clear hand ball by McCormac in the box, although in saying that we probs could have had one or two.

To put the officiating into perspective, Douglas was official of the game.

Quigley (not O' Connor) always time wastes like that, its nothing new. Bray went out to frustrate Shams, it appears its worked. Not the nicest way, but a team down the bottom will need to use seconds against teams gunning for the league.

The peno was a shambles, Twigg must have been the only one to feel the wind pick up to knock him over. Goal was disallowed for encroachment more than offside.

What was the clear handball? I don't think any handballs were deliberate, not even the one that lead to rovers first goal, even though his hands were very high and by god, they've been given.

I suspect Rovers will have some answers to give over their fans (some) behaviour?

Only just realised Bohs lost! Must have been a late goal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

monkey9 wrote: »
    Only just realised Bohs lost! Must have been a late goal!!

87 min or something like that.

How long were Mons at 10 men for? Seen on Twitter something about Bennion going off in the 2nd minute, is that right? Fair play to Mons either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭edolan

dfx- wrote: »
    Murray's still the best footballing centre-half in the league and best at taking the ball forward with his feet, so if you think you're better dreamers75 I'm sure Ferguson and Guardiola will be emailing you on Monday with a contract..

GON outpaced a Bray defender in the first half, so he mustn't be the slowest either...

LOL, greatest WUM post ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Derek Foran is easily the best footballing centre half in the league. Murray has positive qualities but that is not one of them.

Dan Murray called.

Wants to talk medals.

Extratime.ie lists Roddy Collins in "subs not used" tonight :pac:

• Advertisement

Roddy Junior surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Roddy has a son or nephew called Roddy playing for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

BOHtox wrote: »
    Roddy has a son or nephew called Roddy playing for them

There is now two Roddy Collins'???!!

13763d1331074498-diablo-iii-cinematic-trailer-28-2-2012-mother-god-meme.jpg

Yup, two Roddy Collins' exist!

One of the best post match interviews you'll ever see. Two Roddys is not enough.

Mushy wrote: »
    Yup, two Roddy Collins' exist!

What about their exist?

BOHtox wrote: »
    What about their exist?

Wha? Clearly saying that two of them exist.

Mushy wrote: »
    Wha? Clearly saying that two of them exist.

'

Yeah he's certainly led the defense in two spectacularly unsuccessful teams alright.

the fcuk? we beat you 5-1?

kenna is without doubt the best footballing CB in this league this decade.......and he beat you 5-1. its not even an argument.....jaysis Conor Kenna.....brilliant.....

jaysis win a few leagues think they know everything ....get beat 5 fcuking 1 and forget shít.....

Conor Kenna >>>>>>Dan Murray.....its not even close.

• Advertisement

the fcuk? we beat you 5-1?

Dan plays for cork now.

Dan plays for cork now.

Your the one defending him....hes awful.

Right all in favour of interviews and **** but....W....T....F...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Sligo made the game look easy tonight.

Guess that's what the good teams do. Simple passing, waiting for the space to open. Very impressed with them.

Can't fault our players as they worked their asses off but we couldn't keep the ball long enough to really trouble them.

Not the most exciting of games but it was never dull either as there were lots of good passages of play.

Down in the bottom 2 again but things are much more positive than a fortnight ago.

Your the one defending him....hes awful.

He's not.

I watched him play for two years. I'm sure the cork lads will have a view too.

Could do with him at the minute tnh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Sick that we lost that last night. Didnt deserve to lose. Didnt deserve to win either mind. But the goal was awful. Murray again with the mistake. Shane as he had a great game aside from that.

But in truth we are a very poor side and the season is going to be very long. Give me 10th now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

AgileMyth wrote: »
    One of the best post match interviews you'll ever see. Two Roddys is not enough.

That is brilliant! Roddy gets an awful lot of stick but it's great to have characters like him in the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

2-0 Saints

best 15 quid i have ever spent in this league, ****ing awesome game. Both sides went out to win and played some smashing football. Other teams take note they went 352 start of 2nd half and for 30 minutes it was a boxing match, we both just went at each other, we hit the post 3 times the bar twice, cleared off the line twice. It was actually a better match then the 5-1 cos they came to play football. Fcukin love UCD :D

Must be great watching Pats this season after having to sit through the dross served up by Mahons teams over past few seasons. Is there a noticeable increase in attendance with the better football?

Genuine post by the way not a dig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Shels were ****e last night. Made Drogs look very good. We never turned up.

And not an excuse but Tom Connolly was a joke. Made some shocking decisions, for both teams. And at the start of the second half, when just about to tip off he runs back of the pitch for about 5 minutes, into the dressing rooms I presume. Think he may have been looking for his ability. He didn't find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

LOL@ Shels "we should be putting these teams away" ahahah told yah nah nah nah :D

:confused: Said who? :confused:

Totally outplayed last night.

Could have been the biggest massacre in Drogheda since Cromwell. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

On the bright note, McEvoy's goal was a peach and a half. GOTS contender.

Really superb effort alright. Mate of mine sitting to my left turned around right before the goal and said, "Jesus, Bohs are shocking. I bet DHL are wondering why the fúck they sponsor...."

Mid sentence the goal flies in.

I turned around after and said... "You were saying" ;)

doncarlos wrote: »
    Must be great watching Pats this season after having to sit through the dross served up by Mahons teams over past few seasons. Is there a noticeable increase in attendance with the better football?

Genuine post by the way not a dig.

Most i have seen at UCD game, we have a slight increase over last year. The football is ridiculous at times and UCD played their part in it last night. They were quite good.

About Mahon, we had Bradley and Mc Faul in the middle with North and Kavanagh up front, the fact we were difficult to beat didnt mean we played **** football.

• Advertisement
Advertisement