Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 8) April 20-21st

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Dub XV wrote: »
    Shels were ****e last night. Made Drogs look very good. .

Well maybe we actually are a bit good???

No doubt we were superb last night. 3 really top quality goals, sexy build up play and lovely finishes. We really are great to watch this season.

Make you right on the referee, he looked like he was on drugs!

Shels were muck though, only threat was from those pesky long throws

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

No doubt we were superb last night. 3 really top quality goals, sexy build up play and lovely finishes. We really are great to watch this season.

Yeah you are a bit good alright......Not very good as we made you out to be ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

That_Guy wrote: »
    Really superb effort alright. Mate of mine sitting to my left turned around right before the goal and said, "Jesus, Bohs are shocking. I bet DHL are wondering why the fúck they sponsor...."

Mid sentence the goal flies in.

I turned around after and said... "You were saying" ;)
    "That's a ****ing stupid place to shoot from, why... :eek:"

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

That_Guy wrote: »
    Really superb effort alright. Mate of mine sitting to my left turned around right before the goal and said, "Jesus, Bohs are shocking. I bet DHL are wondering why the fúck they sponsor...."

Mid sentence the goal flies in.

I turned around after and said... "You were saying" ;)

I was mouthing "dont shoot,dont shoot..." but found myself involuntarily screaming when it went in. What a goal. The lads played well but no one (apart from heary and maybe buckley) looked like they really wanted to grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

Monaghan deserved it in the end I thought, they could have sat back but they didnt. Roddy has a good team there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

dreamers75 wrote: »
    the fcuk? we beat you 5-1?

kenna is without doubt the best footballing CB in this league this decade.......and he beat you 5-1. its not even an argument.....jaysis Conor Kenna.....brilliant.....

jaysis win a few leagues think they know everything ....get beat 5 fcuking 1 and forget shít.....

Conor Kenna >>>>>>Dan Murray.....its not even close.

the fcuk...win 5-1 and forget everything..he has nothing to do with the 5-1.

Dan has been captain of the club to win many times home and away to Pats...maybe you left early on those occasions so you missed them. No doubt for Cork too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Most i have seen at UCD game, we have a slight increase over last year. The football is ridiculous at times and UCD played their part in it last night. They were quite good.

About Mahon, we had Bradley and Mc Faul in the middle with North and Kavanagh up front, the fact we were difficult to beat didnt mean we played **** football.
    Personally I think UCD were pretty awful at times, apart from McGinley who had a stormer. 4 or 5 times they got caught in possession in defence or gave a bad backpass and were lucky not to concede more. Though, having said that, I felt UCD should have had a penalty in the second half and missed some fairly decent chances. No complaints though, Pat's were by far the better team.

One question about the officiating: Can a player be offside from a goal kick? Think it was Cillian Morrison who was flagged offside in the first half from one of McGinley's goal kicks (I'm pretty sure it was a goal kick and not a free).

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

One question about the officiating: Can a player be offside from a goal kick? Think it was Cillian Morrison who was flagged offside in the first half from one of McGinley's goal kicks (I'm pretty sure it was a goal kick and not a free).
    Pretty sure you can't be offside from a GK

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

No offside from a goalkick alright. Quigley was giving out to the referee last night for an offside from what he thought was a goalkick, but was a free..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

When you've Foley and Quigley in your team, it says it all.

When you've Foley and Quigley in your team, it says it all.

Sorry, but what does that say?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

I think that was a free for offside and not a goal kick, although everyone looked quite confused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dfx- wrote: »
    the fcuk...win 5-1 and forget everything..he has nothing to do with the 5-1.

Dan has been captain of the club to win many times home and away to Pats...maybe you left early on those occasions so you missed them. No doubt for Cork too.

Never thought much of him, most of our goals vs you/cork were caused by him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Personally I think UCD were pretty awful at times, apart from McGinley who had a stormer. 4 or 5 times they got caught in possession in defence or gave a bad backpass and were lucky not to concede more. Though, having said that, I felt UCD should have had a penalty in the second half and missed some fairly decent chances. No complaints though, Pat's were by far the better team.

I'm pretty sure that was a goalkick. I remember it alright because i was thinking the same about whether you can be off or not.

Also, what penalty incident are you talking about??

monkey9 wrote: »

Kenna pushed Rusk in the back, its a peno most of the time.

533301_421354447892477_100000537773619_1528596_76598592_n.jpg

Seems Mc Clean is a closet pats fan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Longford 4-2 Mervue.

Went four up inside the first half hour and then sat back, but we'll take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

^^That's one serious s*** flag.

Wtf is printed under "SEI"? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Zebra3 wrote: »
    ^^That's one serious s*** flag.

Wtf is printed under "SEI"? :confused:

01, as in the year!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I'm pretty sure that was a goalkick. I remember it alright because i was thinking the same about whether you can be off or not.

Yeah I was certain it was a goal kick myself alright.
    And as dreamers said, it was the incident with Rusk being pushed in the box. Granted I was at the opposite end of the ground but looked like a clear push. But, like I said, it would've been flattering to get within a goal on Friday.

• Advertisement

01, as in the year!

Bizarre looking "0".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Do they even go into the shed anymore?

Making the poor fella pose at syringe-point is pretty poor form. :)

stovelid wrote: »

It's the away end now, isn't it?

It looked like 07 at first glance and I didn't notice the Ultras Dublin bit at first either..

Maybe McClean didn't know who they were either and thought they were enthusiastic tourists..

It's the away end now, isn't it?

Yeah that's what I mean.

Making the poor fella pose at syringe-point is pretty poor form. :)

Nope easier to umm contain certain fans in it.

• Advertisement

Nope easier to umm contain certain fans in it.

The budget booster bloc, if you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Fully expect us to turn over Crusaders tomorrow night...

• Administrators Posts: 54,125 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Depends which Crusaders turns up. If they score it's game over (there's away goals, right?)

What do you reckon? 12-0, 13-0?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Most i have seen at UCD game, we have a slight increase over last year. The football is ridiculous at times and UCD played their part in it last night. They were quite good.

About Mahon, we had Bradley and Mc Faul in the middle with North and Kavanagh up front, the fact we were difficult to beat didnt mean we played **** football.

Fair enough you watched Pats every week whereas I only got to see them against Dundalk or the odd time on telly. Maybe it was a tactic against Dundalk to play deep and play long ball. Some of our games against Pats was like being back in the first division playing a well organised team.

I fancied Pats to do well before the season started and they are even better than I thought. Should finish third easily and might even do better if they can remain consistent.

• Advertisement

They'll be going all out for a 1:0 win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

doncarlos wrote: »
    Fair enough you watched Pats every week whereas I only got to see them against Dundalk or the odd time on telly. Maybe it was a tactic against Dundalk to play deep and play long ball. Some of our games against Pats was like being back in the first division playing a well organised team.

I fancied Pats to do well before the season started and they are even better than I thought. Should finish third easily and might even do better if they can remain consistent.

They most definitely did play woeful football. It was constant long balls.

Always thought Pats under Mahon usually played pretty direct aginst us, espcially at home, to be fair but then agin, MON often set us up quite packed in midfield in those games as well.

Article on Extratime saying they rested all their players who beat yous last week on Saturday against Linfield so they can be fresh for tonight, obviously taking it fairly serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

United Park, probably one of the best away sections for atmosphere in the League.
    Was at the Drogs game on Friday evening. Have to say the Shels fans were great inside the stadium. Made plenty of noise and created a good atmosphere.

Outside the ground was a different story however. Scores of little Shelbourne knackers causing trouble on the streets looking for fights.

Great win for Dundalk up in Derry. Was not expecting that at all after the previous weeks mauling. Maybe relegation can be staved off after all.

Pighead wrote: »
    Was at the Drogs game on Friday evening. Have to say the Shels fans were great inside the stadium. Made plenty of noise and created a good atmosphere.

Outside the ground was a different story however. Scores of little Shelbourne knackers causing trouble on the streets looking for fights.

Think they were just obliging the locals who came out looking for a fight so I'm told.

Also the guards didn't make matters any better by cornering in all the people who just wanted to get to the official supporters buses up by Mother Hughes but the guards insisted and holding them in a corner with their batons drawn and these weren't just the little scrotes you're talking about, the lad who runs the buses who's in his 50s was being cornered in along with others.

Think they were just obliging the locals who came out looking for a fight so I'm told. .

Pighead wrote: »
    Scores of little Shelbourne knackers causing trouble on the streets looking for fights.

:rolleyes: It was pissing rain, people were trying to get to their buses and the guards were acting the bollocks after being made look like fools earlier.

You do know what "scores" means, don't you? :rolleyes:

It's certainly a drastic overestimation of your traveling support. :pac:

It's certainly a drastic overestimation of your traveling support. :pac:

Nope, just Pighead posting lies.

• Advertisement

and the guards were acting the bollocks after being made look like fools earlier.

Bit of a red face moment for the lot of them! They could really ask John for some money to invest in a lock! :D

Bit of a red face moment for the lot of them! They could really ask John for some money to invest in a lock! :D

With it being the FAI's ground and all.... :D

17 nil. You heard it here first.

Crusaders are 10/1 to beat Sligo over 90 minutes tonight.

I'm all over that like a bad rash. :)

awec wrote: »
    Crusaders are 10/1 to beat Sligo over 90 minutes tonight.

I'm all over that like a bad rash. :)
    What odds can you get on 2-0 Rovers and Kelly to save all the penalties?

What odds can you get on 2-0 Rovers and Kelly to save all the penalties?
    :D

2-0 Rovers is 4/1.

Forrester has another entry for Soccer Am Showboat if RTE actually got it. Should be on MNS tonight.

Skins Nangle on the halfway line with a move straight out of Fifa Street.

Cant wait to see how you can be offside from a peno too :confused: from the Bray game.

Cant wait to see how you can be offside from a peno too :confused: from the Bray game.

In the LoI, anything is possible....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

:rolleyes: It was pissing rain, people were trying to get to their buses and the guards were acting the bollocks after being made look like fools earlier.

What a load of absolute tosh. No wonder these incidents keep on re-occuring when fans refuse to acknowledge that their club has a problem.

I was walking down Windmill Road when a load of Shels fans came storming down the street throwing digs at anybody who was unfortunate enough to be in their way.

There was one copper there at that stage and he grabbed one of the lads and shoved him up against the wall. Loads more of the little fcukers started kept on throwing digs and it was only when a cop car and cop van arrived at the scene that things settled down.

Inside the stadium your fans are a credit to the club, outside a lot of them are an embarrassment.

• Advertisement

Pighead is spot on. I was right behind that incident. These are the Shels knacks who managed to get out early and they came out attacking Drogs lads who wouldnt normally be interested in any trouble. The cops actually dealt with that incident quite well I thought (with the help of a couple of Drogs fans!).
    Not sure what happened after that when the main Shels support were let out as we headed straight to a pub in town.

Advertisement