Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 8) April 20-21st

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pighead wrote: »
    Zebra3 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: It was pissing rain, people were trying to get to their buses and the guards were acting the bollocks after being made look like fools earlier.

You do know what "scores" means, don't you? :rolleyes:
    What a load of absolute tosh. No wonder these incidents keep on re-occuring when fans refuse to acknowledge that their club has a problem.

I was walking down Windmill Road when a load of Shels fans came storming down the street throwing digs at anybody who was unfortunate enough to be in their way.

There was one copper there at that stage and he grabbed one of the lads and shoved him up against the wall. Loads more of the little fcukers started kept on throwing digs and it was only when a cop car and cop van arrived at the scene that things settled down.

Inside the stadium your fans are a credit to the club, outside a lot of them are an embarrassment.
    These incidents keep occurring? What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

First post:Scores.

Second post:Loads.

What next? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

When you have a travelling support of three or four hundred and scores of them are involved in trouble after the match I think it is ok to use the word 'loads'.

Anyway it seems clear that you either didn't see the incident I am referring to or else you have decided to ignore it and pretend your fans are angels.

When you have a travelling support of three or four hundred and scores of them are involved in trouble after the match I think it is ok to use the word 'loads'.

Anyway it seems clear that you either didn't see the incident I am referring to or else you have decided to ignore it and pretend your fans are angels.
    Scores? So at least 40 yeah? We had at least 40 people attacking people outside the ground yeah? Good one.

And using the 'you think your fans are angels' when people call you up on the specifics of incidents is a bit of a copout.

CSF wrote: »
    Scores? So at least 40 yeah? We had at least 40 people attacking people outside the ground yeah? Good one.

And using the 'you think your fans are angels' when people call you up on the specifics of incidents is a bit of a copout.
    Yes at least forty little scumbags came running Windmill Road. I don't know why you find this so hard to believe to be honest. I have been very specific with regards to the incident so I don't really know what you are talking about.

There was one guard and one angry Drogheda fan trying to talk some sense into the little fcukers. There was a bit of a stand off for a minute or two and then it all calmed down when the garda van and the car arrived at the scene.

I presume you too seen the incident. I'm curious to hear your version of events.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I feel duty-bound to add to these tales of woe: at our recent game with Dundalk, two Dundalk supporters passed me wearing Stone Island and Addas Londons with a clear bang of drink off them.

Terrible, it was. Terrible.

Yes at least forty little scumbags came running Windmill Road. I don't know why you find this so hard to believe to be honest. I have been very specific with regards to the incident so I don't really know what you are talking about.

There was one guard and one angry Drogheda fan trying to talk some sense into the little fcukers. There was a bit of a stand off for a minute or two and then it all calmed down when the garda van and the car arrived at the scene.

I presume you too seen the incident. I'm curious to hear your version of events.
    You're lying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

stovelid wrote: »
    I feel duty-bound to add to these tales of woe: at our recent game with Dundalk, two Dundalk supporters passed me wearing Stone Island and Addas Londons with a clear bang of drink off them.

I think that could have been Pighead and I. Handsome fellows were they?

Lies. You're clearly exaggerating the amount of people involved. I know for a fact that only one person from our support base drink alcohol.

You're lying.
    Thanks for your detailed version of events from the incident in question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

The incident I seen involved maybe 10 to 15 shels knacks. And as I said I wasn't around when the rest of the shels support was let out

The incident I seen involved maybe 10 to 15 shels knacks. And as I said I wasn't around when the rest of the shels support was let out
    Seems a lot closer to the mark.

Just to clarify, does anyone really believe that 40+ Shels fans ran through Drogheda throwing punches at anyone in their path? And that there are no other reports of it anywhere?

Just wondering, incase it turns out I actually am the irrational 1, cause that wouldn't be very pleasant.

Just to clarify, does anyone really believe that 40+ Shels fans ran through Drogheda throwing punches at anyone in their path? And that there are no other reports of it anywhere?

It's certainly possible but hard to ascertain seeing as ever since this forum has had LOI threads, supporters' powers of observation seems to be contingent on whose supporters are involved in any given week.

So if any trouble is caused by clubs other than the one we support, people are suddenly blessed with Hubble telescope levels of observation; if it's our own clubs, the power of vision suddently dwindles to that of Stevie Wonder in a broom cupboard.

It's certainly possible but hard to ascertain seeing as ever since this forum has had LOI threads, supporter's powers of observation seems to to be contingent on whose supporters are involved in any given week.

So if any trouble is caused by club other than the one we support, people are suddenly blessed with Hubble telescope levels of observation; if it's our own clubs, the power of vision suddently dwindles to that of Stevie Wonder in a broom cupboard.

I think that also applies to estimations of home and away attendances in a lot of cases.

Just wondering, incase it turns out I actually am the irrational 1, cause that wouldn't be very pleasant.
    Jesus, it would want to be a pretty slow news day for that to make headlines. Maybe if they started looting the shops and knocking over old grannies it might have made the news.

It's not exactly unheard of for kids from league of Ireland clubs causing trouble on the streets. Anyway, enough of this petty quibbling. We'll agree to disagree my Shelbourne supporting friend.

doncarlos wrote: »
    I think that also applies to estimations of home and away attendances in a lot of cases.

Strangely apt as arguing every week over a couple of young fellas throwing shapes is probably as useless as arguing over the micro-differences between gates in a generally poorly-supported league. :)

Strangely apt as arguing every week over a couple of young fellas throwing shapes is probably as useless as arguing over the micro-differences between gates in a generally poorly-supported league. :)
    Not useless at all. The more trouble these idiots cause outside the ground the more parents will think twice about bringing their kids to the matches.

Just to clarify, does anyone really believe that 40+ Shels fans ran through Drogheda throwing punches at anyone in their path?

Yes, Pighead.

About 10-15 left the ground when the match was over after opening an unlocked, unguarded gate, but according to him, there was at least 40 Cromwelling Drogheda.

Maybe some of our young fans have discovered the secrets of cloning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

dreamers75 wrote: »

Cant wait to see how you can be offside from a peno too :confused: from the Bray game.

Well... I assume that was extracted from my rant. I doubt it was actually given for offside, instead it was probably for encroachment. He did however signal for offside and gave an indirect free. Any other game it would be retaken, especially since Twigg had already scored with his first attempt but it was ruled against as Douglas signalled during twiggs run up to have someone on the Bray bench sent off.

Dying to see MMS none the less, pity Bray have the worst Camera views in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ebbs wrote: »
    Well... I assume that was extracted from my rant. I doubt it was actually given for offside, instead it was probably for encroachment. He did however signal for offside and gave an indirect free. Any other game it would be retaken, especially since Twigg had already scored with his first attempt but it was ruled against as Douglas signalled during twiggs run up to have someone on the Bray bench sent off.

Dying to see MMS none the less, pity Bray have the worst Camera views in the league.

Your not the only one to say it, another rovers fan said he defintley raised the flag for offiside.

Douglas

That explains everything. Worst official I've ever seen, at any level

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Strange. If it was encroachment then it should have been retaken.
    Reminds me of this WC qualifier in 2005 when a similar thing happened.
    http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/germany2006/news/newsid=27212.html
    Referee disallowed a goal from a penalty for encroachment yet gave an indirect free out instead of ordering it to be retaken. The match was actually declared null and void and a replay was ordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Is Johnny McDonnell on the panel tonight? He should be able to clear everything up after doing that referees course.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Referee disallowed a goal from a penalty for encroachment yet gave an indirect free out instead of ordering it to be retaken. The match was actually declared null and void and a replay was ordered.

Did the encroaching player score from the penalty though? Dennehy scored from the rebound..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Slight difference in the Bray V Rovers match.
    Twigg scored the first attempt but was asked to re-take it as the ref wanted to go to the Bray bench to send someone off. The goal should have stood at that stage. However, after asking Twigg to re-take it, a Rovers player encroached into the box ( as signalled by the lino ). Twigg missed but the rebound was immediately buried. The ref gave the correct decision of a free out.
    By the way, it was never a peno in the first place. There were about 1200 Rovers fans breaking their bollo@xes laughing when he gave it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,505 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Slight difference in the Bray V Rovers match.
    Twigg scored the first attempt but was asked to re-take it as the ref wanted to go to the Bray bench to send someone off. The goal should have stood at that stage. However, after asking Twigg to re-take it, a Rovers player encroached into the box ( as signalled by the lino ). Twigg missed but the rebound was immediately buried. The ref gave the correct decision of a free out.
    By the way, it was never a peno in the first place. There were about 1200 Rovers fans breaking their bollo@xes laughing when he gave it.

Why should it have stood? The ref signalled for him not to take it, but he did.

At the time I thought Twigg went down easily...seeing it again just now, it was even worse than that

Yep, the referee can't penalise Bray for an offence by a Rovers player and order a re-take. Free out was always right. Surprised given how bad the decision to award the penalty was..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

dfx- wrote: »
    Yep, the referee can't penalise Bray for an offence by a Rovers player and order a re-take. Free out was always right. Surprised given how bad the decision to award the penalty was..:D

Two bray players in the box aswel...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Mushy wrote: »
    Why should it have stood? The ref signalled for him not to take it, but he did.

At the time I thought Twigg went down easily...seeing it again just now, it was even worse than that

If he signalled for him not to take it, it was as he was running up to kick it. At that stage, the ref should have waited to go to the Bray bench after the kick.

Two bray players in the box aswel...

Pretty sure Quigley was well off his line too, but the referee was at pains to tell the players on that side of the box to stay behind, so presumably he had been watching that particular spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Didnt show Forresters bit of magic, but reminded me of a few chances i forgot about. That showed UCD to be a pathetic bunch of eejits, some harsh editing methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Didnt show Forresters bit of magic, but reminded me of a few chances i forgot about. That showed UCD to be a pathetic bunch of eejits, some harsh editing methinks.

Wasn't how I had pictured the game from your post after that game.

• Administrators Posts: 54,125 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

2-1 at Sligo at the moment which would put Crusaders through if it stays as is.

Think Sligo need 2 in 2 minutes.

All over. Sligo out, Crusaders through.

• Advertisement

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Fully expect us to turn over Crusaders tomorrow night...

Hope you didn't lump on that one.mate.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Never a penalty. Robbed. How they didn't get a red card I'll never understand.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Never a penalty. Robbed. How they didn't get a red card I'll never understand.
    They're a dirty team. Always have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Pighead is spot on. I was right behind that incident. These are the Shels knacks who managed to get out early and they came out attacking Drogs lads who wouldnt normally be interested in any trouble. The cops actually dealt with that incident quite well I thought (with the help of a couple of Drogs fans!).
    Not sure what happened after that when the main Shels support were let out as we headed straight to a pub in town.

Managed to get out early as a few opened the side gate, a few Reds did have a train to caught at 10pm but sure why would the guards give a flying f*ck if they get stuck in Drogheda!

When the rest of the Shels support left nothing happened aside from the heavy handed garda presense (with batons drawn) stopping away fans walk to Mother Hughes to get on the OFFICIAL club buses.

10-15 would sound about right, Pighead said 40, that would be nearly a whole bus load of them, I can safely say there wasn't a bus load of them inside the ground.

Maybe some of our young fans have discovered the secrets of cloning.

:D

Go on, speak your mind!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

That Crusaders team is the dirtiest I've ever seen. Two full games of blatent cheating and nothing done or said about it. A disgrace that they kept 11 on the pitch for the full game tonight made worse by the fact it was won by a penalty they dived to win.

Best of luck to Derry in the final. That crowd of dirty scumbags don't deserve a trophy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I'm not a betting man so no I didn't. Any sort of attempt at refereeing and we would have hammered them though. They should have had at least three players sent off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Always a conspiracy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭shanec1928

CiaranC wrote: »
    Always a conspiracy
    forever a WUM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Ryan McEvoy's 35 yard golazo from Friday against Monaghan

Always a conspiracy

Barraclough obviously doesn't the whole team rolling around like they've been shot or pestering the ref to send people off like in Cook's day.

Wonder will Crusaders and Derry pull a decent crowd at Windsor?

Might give the competition a bit of a lifeline now that a Northy team has made it to the final again.

Always a conspiracy

Barraclough obviously doesn't the whole team rolling around like they've been shot or pestering the ref to send people off like in Cook's day.

Wonder will Crusaders and Derry pull a decent crowd at Windsor?

Might give the competition a bit of a lifeline now that a Northy team has made it to the final again.
    2 teams from the north

Plus you lot signed their worst culprit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

@doncarlos Who is the 1st team coach up your way this season? Always thought it was Darius, but then seen that White chap doing the interview on MNS last night. Or are they both coaches?

markc1184 wrote: »
    @doncarlos Who is the 1st team coach up your way this season? Always thought it was Darius, but then seen that White chap doing the interview on MNS last night. Or are they both coaches?

Good question. I think Darius is number two with John White as coach. Seems like we have more chiefs than Indians this season. Talk today of two of our coaches being let go along with two of the playing staff. Could be interesting rumours flying about at the game on Friday

• Advertisement
Advertisement