Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Soccer

Options
  • 18-04-2012 4:52pm
    Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭

I feel I have been unjustly banned from soccer for 6 months due to an accumulation of warnings/infractions.

I received 3 on the same day, Sunday I think , all of which were misinterpreted. I will post them up. I feel I have been unjustly treated due to pressure being put on the moderators by a minority of posters, some of whom used a recently deleted feedback thread on the forum, to verbally attack me.

After alot of back slapping and thanks being thrown around by this small group, they continued this carry on for several pages. It was then decided by the moderators that I would "accumulate" enough warnings/infractions to give me a 6 month holiday from the forum.

I feel I have been scapegoated and I believe the moderators feel banning me, whether unjust or not, will quiten down the dissenting voices of the forum questioning their moderating (of which I was not one of).

I realise my coloured history on the forum may be taken into account, but I really don't see how it is relevant to this current dispute.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Moderator Note

From what I can see you've been doing nothing but trying to wind up Liverpool fans all weekend. This is another blatant attempt at that.

Your post:
    DB10 wrote: »
    I wonder if Commolli was involved. He's Portuguese isn't he?
    [/QUOTE]

This was a mistake not trolling. I mistook him for Quieroz the former United assistant manager, who is Portuguese. How am I meant to know every assistant manager in detail? It was a simple mistake.

Mod note: Trolling imo
    Agreed, we should give them their own section. Liverpool fans here in particular seem to have an inferiority complex and a victim mentality. I have to agree with all 4 points from the OP.

But I also think the mods are doing a good job. The forum is more relaxed than it once was and less nilly willy infractions. The posters should be able to police themselves with a more laissez faire attitude from the moderators.

At the end of the day its down to the posters and not the moderators.

There is no trolling there either, it is honest feedback in the feedback thread, where I was being verbally abused by a minority of posters. Read back through the thread and tell me thats trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Hi

You received the 6 month ban for picking up 9 infraction points. Usually its 6. Even if i overruled the last infraction your still over the 6 infraction points.

In my opinion with you previous 8 bans now in soccer id be happy to be allowed back in after 6 months.

Even so ill have a look at it. It may take a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Right

I'v looked into this a bit more. Ban will remain in place as you would still have 6 infraction points. You should have received a ban before this incident but it slipped through.

Thanks

D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

It was brought to my attention that you have a total of 23 bans at this stage. You are clearly a huge amount of work for the mods. Just giving you fair warning here: The next time you get a ban from any forum I will be giving you a break from the site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement