Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help choosing car

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The 206 looks very rough. Bonnet has some small dents and so does the rear driver's wheel arch. Could be an indications of a hard life. The Fiesta on first appearance looks the tidiest. The worrying thing about a Ka and Fiesta of that age would be rust.

To be honest in that price bracket I would be looking at buying private, you will get better value from buying private as cars of this value from garages tend to be just stuff traded in and sold on with the bare minimum warranty. Just bring a mechanically minded person with you to check it over, speaking with the seller/owner will give you a good ideal of how the car was treated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Matthewjohn

Hi,The fiesta looks the best of the cars you choose there the 206 looks rough and the ka is very cramped and that one is expensive.You should have a look at a yaris or micra if you want reliability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

The 206 has been around a long time, a couple of recurring issues like the brake lights staying on (easy fix) c/l issues and they tend to go through exhausts alot for some reason. Personally not that mad on them, a bit flimsy for me.

THe Ka is a 1.3 8v engine, designed in the 70's and not really changed since then. Noisy rattly and not that powerful. Interior is small and the rear seats are only usable by 4 year olds. Really a car made to a price and it feels it.

The Fiesta would be the best of that bunch, it has the quieter 1.25 Zetec engine and feels quite nippy. The model in the pic is a ghia model so you get alloys, spots, cd player and remote c/l as standard. They ware well and cause little problems that I'm aware of. That would be my choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Fiesta would be the best of that bunch, it has the quieter 1.25 Zetec engine and feels quite nippy. The model in the pic is a ghia model so you get alloys, spots, cd player and remote c/l as standard. They ware well and cause little problems that I'm aware of. That would be my choice.

also has aircon which marks it out against a lot of its rivals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Sparkie93

Thanks never noticed the marks on the 206 i think ill have a look at the fiesta

• Advertisement
Advertisement