Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bio Cycle Septic Tank Unit - Ways of disguising them?

Options
  • 18-04-2012 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have one of these units in my garden and have tried planting a few bushes around them but none of them took.

I'm trying to disguise it as it's just at the back door nearly.

Has anyone any suggestions or had any luck with this kind of thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭cosbawn

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    Hi

I have one of these units in my garden and have tried planting a few bushes around them but none of them took.

I'm trying to disguise it as it's just at the back door nearly.

Has anyone any suggestions or had any luck with this kind of thing?

Does this area get much sun?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

gets a good bit alright early morning and a good bit of afternoon - evening time.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭cosbawn

I'm no expert by any means !! Maybe the reason nothing grew before is because the soil quality isn't great ?? I would imagine a lot of digging went on to install the bio system and you could have a lot of sub soil left on top ?? Just a thought ! If you dig good and deep and put in plenty of compost and maybe a bit of manure before you plant it should give the plants a good start and they would be able to establish a good root system.

Advertisement