Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland court - sky - what do I do?

Options
  • 18-04-2012 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me how I can get connected to Sky in Charlesland Court? have just moved in, and landlord did say there was a 'shared dish'. I rang sky but they said I had to contact the management company? Does anyone know who this is. Would appreciate it, thanks. (no reply from landlord yet, so am trying to find out what I need to do, thx)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭caji

Kennedy Wright put notices through doors last week about Sky installation

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Rosina1969

What did the notices say? I didnt think kennedy wright were management company for Court??? I thought it was O'Farrell. Maybe I'm wrong though. Would be interested what the notices about sky said though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

I think sky have put in shard dishes in the crescent and all of the larger duplex units in the core estate.

you should just be able to ring sky and have them hook it up for you i think

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Rosina1969

I did ring them Matt, but they didnt know...

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

I couldn't say 100% but I am not sure if sky are still doing the 'sky homes' service in Ireland. It may be that your management company hired a third party to install the shared dishes.
    I recently went to install sky, on behalf of sky, in one of the duplexes that has a shared system attached to it. We were unable to do anything as the equipment is locked in a cabinet so unless we had a key or broke the lock we could not connect to the installed system.
    This is unless the person who lived there before was already hooked up to the system, If the cables and sat signal are already there a sky installer would be happy to do the install, however they would not be able to support it if there is a problem with dish or equipment locked in cabinet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Hi,
    You could try calling Denise in O'Farrells. They are the managers for Charlesland Court.
    You can get her on on 2360094

The shared dishes in the Duplex Units are set up and ready to go. As far as I know you need Sky to do the work mdirectly, and not a third party.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Good trick from mates in England regarding getting money off Sky. Ring them and ask for the cancellation department. Tell them its costing too much and they will offer you money off. Another is to cancel the sports cos the football season is over. They should offer you something else for free.

Advertisement