Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would it cost to get an oridanary council house attic converted?

• 18-04-2012 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Want to get my attic converted, just a simple flooring job etc, maybe insillation, whats the average price?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Bonesy. wrote: »
    Want to get my attic converted, just a simple flooring job etc, maybe insillation, whats the average price?
    So would this be as a habitable room, with an escape window/ rooflight, with a stairs, and 30min fire rating stairs elsewhere + landing & doors.. Then will you want to draft proof the room, allow ventilated slates when insulating, plasterboard, sockets, tidy up the plumbing & tank OR do you just want flooring for storage? Flooring for storage and some floor insulation your looking at maybe 3-500€ , for a habitable room you should really get a specification prepared and tender to 3-5 builders .. You haven't even given an approx floor area? Or mentioned what way the roof timbers are designed.. At the very least you will need an eng to size Steel or structural timbers that will be needed.. Best of luck with your project

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Yeah it'd be habitable room, with an escape window/ rooflight, with a stairs, and 30min fire rating stairs elsewhere + landing & doors and draft proof don't really ned insullateing though, cant give a measurement yet as half the attic you can even walk on because its that woolen stuff you fall through nothing to stand on, any rough price?

20k nothing fancy. That do ya? Don't forget you may require planning..

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Ahh god! I was thinking 1-5k I'll leave it so, put that money into a nice motor..thanks anyway :)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,792 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ahh god! I was thinking 1-5k I'll leave it so, put that money into a nice motor..thanks anyway :)

a friend of mine is getting his attic stairs upgraded to one that works, a new stud wall with a door constructed and a new rooflight... and no other works carried out as its already converted........quotes are coming in around 3.5k for that alone.

put structural upgrading on top... insulation... new plumbing / electrics..... 2nd fix carpentry....

you be luck to get under 15K for any kind of a proper job.

• Advertisement

? If this is how your going to research your motor purchase, best of luck to you mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,279 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to Prices/costs

Advertisement