Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello ;)

Options
  • 18-04-2012 6:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭

Im a 6th year student.
    I have applied for:

2. BN012 Engineering (Computer Engineering)
    3. BN013 Computing (Information Technology)

But I'm not sure is this the right thing for me and are these course's enjoyable (fun to do) ?. I love to work with computers fix them etc..
    P.S. Are there any girls as well? :confused: ;D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

4th year here of computer science, firstly, yes there is girls on the courses, not as many as lads but that's just how it is. Secondly, I can't say whether it'll be fun for you or not ;D there'll always be one subject that you don't like or bits of one subject you don't like, same as there is always a cool subject that your well into. Depends on the person, if your into pc's already, both choices sound suitable for you ;D best of luck ^^

Only first semester, you have to fix computers, the rest is has nothing to do with fixing them if I remember correctly.

Can't comment on engineering, as I haven't done that course. I'm BN013 myself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Only first semester, you have to fix computers, the rest is has nothing to do with fixing them if I remember correctly.

Can't comment on engineering, as I haven't done that course. I'm BN013 myself ;)

And I wouldn't even call that 'fixing'. I don't remember any troubleshooting or anything like that, just strip 'er down and put'er back together...'er....

If I had to sum up the course in two words I'd say Java & Cisco (or programming and networking)*.

Any hardware stuff I remember doing was all just a bit "Right, this is a hard drive with platters and so forth. Everyone got that? Ok good. Lets move on."

*Maybe that's just me, but it just seems to be all I fcukin do :rolleyes:

KonFusion wrote: »
    And I wouldn't even call that 'fixing'. I don't remember any troubleshooting or anything like that, just strip 'er down and put'er back together...'er....

If I had to sum up the course in two words I'd say Java & Cisco (or programming and networking)*.

Any hardware stuff I remember doing was all just a bit "Right, this is a hard drive with platters and so forth. Everyone got that? Ok good. Lets move on."

*Maybe that's just me, but it just seems to be all I fcukin do :rolleyes:
    Not just you. At his stage I'm well and truly sick of Cisco!

Anyway, in first semester yeah your right we didn't fix anything, but if the OP likes tinkering with computers, they will have no problem with that module (can't remember the name of it atm)

Advertisement