Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Case For constructive dismissal

Options
  • 18-04-2012 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all. Looking for some advice please.
    Just over 2 months ago i was suspended from work with an investigation pending. They think i was giving customers stuff on the cheep. I've been out since on full pay but with only one meeting with the company. My union are involved but so far have boon nothing much.

I'm so sick of it that I think im just going to walk away from the job all together because i do not think i could return to work even if this is all cleared up. My reputation in the company ive built up is gone. Ive worked there for 6 years + at this stage.

Last week i was so few up i sent out my cv and have got 2 job interviews lined up. (Thank god) If i hand in give my notice what do people feel my chances are of getting compensation for all the stress and grief the company have put me through over the last 2 months?
    Im not just looking for money here i just want them to realize just because your a big company you cant treat the small guy whatever way you like.

Thanks in advance.

Nigel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

It depends, did they follow the company discipline policy? If they did then there is no chance. (After all they are still paying you while on suspension.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nigel_c

I was called off the shop floor and told i was being investigated and told i was suspended. That's the only communication I have had with the company in relation to policy . Everything has been put in the hands of my union who are not doing much at all.
    The union has had the head of security taken off the investigation because of gross incompetence at the one and only meeting we have had. (messing up minutes and adding to previous minutes. Getting facts and figures grossly wrong plus the "Guilty until proven innocent" attitude he had. ( Union reps exact words)

N

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

nigel_c wrote: »
    If i hand in give my notice what do people feel my chances are of getting compensation for all the stress and grief the company have put me through over the last 2 months?
    Im not just looking for money here i just want them to realize just because your a big company you cant treat the small guy whatever way you like.

Please don't ask for people here to advise you on your chances of winning your case; this is specifically mentioned in the charter.

The only thing I will say is that the burden of proof is on you for constructive dismissal (unlike unfair dismissal where it's up to the employer to prove).

You have a union, so stick with their advice not ours.

Advertisement