Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem With Last FM Scrobbler

Options
  • 18-04-2012 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭

Over the last week or so, I've been having problem with the Last Fm scrobbler.

The scrobbler itself will start freezing or will stop responding altogether and stop scrobbling what I've played on my iPod and iTunes. I'll remove it from my computer and download it again. It'll work fine but after a day or two, the same thing will happen again and I'll end up downloading the scrobbler again. This has happened about four or five times already. I've had my Last Fm account for about three years but it's only recently that this has been happening.

Do you know what I can do to fix this? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Are you running the latest version of the scrobbler and iTunes? It does seem a bit flakey on Windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Yeah, I'm running the latest version of the Last Fm scrobbler and iTunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Do you have Itunes set up to automatically sync your Ipod or do you do it manually?

flyswatter wrote: »
    Do you have Itunes set up to automatically sync your Ipod or do you do it manually?

I do it manually.

I had trouble scrobbling my Ipod for ages so now I connect the Ipod with USB, go into the last fm scrobbler, click the help tab at the top and go into diagnostics. Then set it to "I manually manage my Ipod" from the drop down menu instead of automatic. Then click scrobble Ipod.

• Advertisement

flyswatter wrote: »
    I had trouble scrobbling my Ipod for ages so now I connect the Ipod with USB, go into the last fm scrobbler, click the help tab at the top and go into diagnostics. Then set it to "I manually manage my Ipod" from the drop down menu instead of automatic. Then click scrobble Ipod.

That's what I always do when I connect my iPod.

Suas11 wrote: »
    That's what I always do when I connect my iPod.

Ok, I changed to this method when the automatic way stopped working for me. Used to open up a list of scrobbles when I disconnected the Ipod.

Maybe try a system restore to a point before when the problem started happening?

Advertisement