Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is Irelands most hated current politician?

• 18-04-2012 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭

Well I cant list them all, but a line up of the usual suspects

Ready, Fire, Aim

Ireland most hated current politician 296 votes

Bertie Ahern
    0% 0 votes
    Eamonn Gilmore
    50% 148 votes
    Phil Hogan
    4% 12 votes
    Michael Martin
    30% 90 votes
    Brendan Howlin
    2% 6 votes
    Michael Noonan
    0% 1 vote
    Enda Kenny
    0% 1 vote
    Jackie Healy-Whatshisface
    7% 21 votes
    Michael Lowry
    2% 8 votes
    Ivor Callely
    3% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Alan Shatter
    Enda Kenny
    Phil Hogan
    James Reilly
    Eamon Gilmore
    Joan Burton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Bertie and Sherlock are my top two. For sheer eejit-ry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Bertie
    Reynolds
    Flynn
    haughy
    Lawlor
    O'Donoghue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Like we need another political thread in AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Bertie
    Reynolds
    Flynn
    haughy
    Lawlor
    O'Donoghue

and Lowry

and Hogan

and and fookin and

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Still Bertie I'm sure.

Of the current crop, for some reason I can't really explain, Mary Lou McDonald makes me want to eat my own face with rage everytime I see her.

I'm not sure if it's the shrill voice, the hysterical hypocrisy or the fact that she looks like the kind of mad oul one you see dragging out of her fella screaming "Leave him!!! He's not worth it!!!!" at 3am on a Saturday morning on O'Connell Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Big Phil Hogan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Most are beneath contempt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

'Hate' is a bit strong no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Bertie
    Reynolds
    Flynn
    haughy
    Lawlor
    O'Donoghue

Current???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Poll needs more Mary Lou.

That's the first time ever I think anything's needed more Mary Lou.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Suspicious lack of SF politicians on that list OP

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Adhamh

Leaving the rightness or wrongness or the Tara motorway aside, I'll always despise Dick Roache for approving it in his last day of the job so that he didn't have to deal with the backlash himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Hating people will certainly fix our political problems.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Most of them have recently retired. Out of those currently there I'd say Shatter. The guy is just so slimy. He made his money out of the misery of others (divorcing couples). He is also the most arrogant politician. Phil Hogans problem is he opens his mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Hate is mild, there is no word strong enough!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

Poll needs more Mary Lou.

That's the first time ever I think anything's needed more Mary Lou.

Mary-lou is cause alone for a general election!

Edit: Nothing to do with politics (well!)......... just her annoying moaning voice and lack of brains, arrrrrgggggghhhhhhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Lowry and Callely are two that make my blood boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Where To wrote: »
    Suspicious lack of SF politicians on that list OP

Yeah you're right. But unintentional. Mary Lou, Adams, and Shatter should also be on there but I cant edit the poll now (Mod?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I don't particularly like any of them!

The only one which I find genuinely hard to bare is Clare Daly, her grating voice and unpleasantness really bother me. I can't listen to her whenever she appears on TV or radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'd imagine Ahern is. Personally I can't abide the Rabittee. He's smug obnoxious, abrasive and contrived. He also has excess fat on his face that makes him look like a revolting snagglepuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

Is Bev still in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

D1stant wrote: »
    Well I cant list them all, but a line up of the usual suspects

Ready, Fire, Aim

What about the rest of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Bertie Aherne
    Charlie McCreevy
    Mary Harney
    Brian Cowen
    Sean Sherlock
    Enda Kenny
    Eamon Gilmore
    Leo Vradkar
    Joan Burton
    Phil Hogan.

Whoever was minister for transport during the celtic tiger days who decided to invest bollocks all in Dublin's public transport infrastructure too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭pawrick

wish I could choose more then one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Why is Richard Bruton not on the list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

No Shinners on the list?

Gerry Adams :mad: Mary Lou :mad: Pearse Doherty :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Alan Shatter deserves to be on that poll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Gonna go with Septic Tank Phil - big, smelly and full of sh1t.

LordSutch wrote: »
    No Shinners on the list?

Gerry Adams :mad: Mary Lou :mad: Pearse Doherty :mad:

Sinn Fein is not in government, I would concentrate on those, who make balls out of the country, who impose laws and regulations and stuff. And as far as I know, you have to be in government to change laws, impose new taxes, water charges...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 martin kelly.

Surprise Enda Kenny hasn't got more votes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Why's Jackie Healy-Whatshisface on the list? Surely he's gone past his hate-by date after retiring his gob at the last election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Bertie and Ivor would be 2 strong candidates but as they are not current politicians, should they be on the poll?

As for the rest, I'm reminded of the old joke about politicians being like nappies. Both need to be changed often, usually for the same reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Lars1916 wrote: »
    LordSutch wrote: »
    [SIZE="3"]No Shinners on the list?[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Gerry Adams :mad: Mary Lou :mad: Pearse Doherty :mad:[/SIZE]

Sinn Fein is not in government, I would concentrate on those, who make balls out of the country, who impose laws and regulations and stuff. And as far as I know, you have to be in government to change laws, impose new taxes, water charges...

Yeah, but elected members of Sinn Fein have murdered, robbed and tortured. Surely that is more likely to evoke feelings of hatred rather than water meters. Especially from the victims and their families.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

But to be fair to me, the OP didn't mention politicians being in Government, he just said politicians, which would include members of SF.

Yeah, but elected members of Sinn Fein have murdered, robbed and tortured. Surely that is more likely to evoke feelings of hatred rather than water meters. Especially from the victims and their families.

Right. And just to give me (as a German National) a short lesson in Irish history: The Blueshirts...ooops, Fine Gael...are some kind of charity organisation, which was never involved in any kind of violence throughout their history?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Let go of the past and move forward.. isn't that what people opposed to the Shinners and their cause usually say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Bertie is a prize prick for sure.

But big Phil is really getting on everyones wick

Right. And just to give me (as a German National) a short lesson in Irish history: The Blueshirts...ooops, Fine Gael...are some kind of charity organisation, which was never involved in any kind of violence throughout their history?

I'm sure there have been throughout history but I am not sure whether any politicians from any other parties have been convicted of murder, planted bombs etc.

People have already stated on this thread that 'hate' is too strong a word but would you not agree that it wouldn't be unusual for Jerry McCabe's widow to 'hate' Martin Ferris?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Sherlock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I'm sure there have been throughout history but I am not sure whether any politicians from any other parties have been convicted of murder, planted bombs etc.

People have already stated on this thread that 'hate' is too strong a word but would you not agree that it wouldn't be unusual for Jerry McCabe's widow to 'hate' Martin Ferris?

This country is Bourne through violence. Do you have the same hate for Collins, Barry, Dev etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Where's Clare Daly on the list??

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Terrible job ....would'nt do it ...for any money .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Lowry for me, purely because he's still in office and even meeting the guy has to be explained. His presence in the Dail is far more trouble than its worth and he should be turfed out. Mandate me arse, he is corrupt, dishonest and reprehensible and has no place in public life, never mind Dail Eireann.

Bullseye1 wrote: »

This country is Bourne through violence. Do you have the same hate for Collins, Barry, Dev etc?

The thread is about who is most hated. Not who each individual hates the most. While people may hate what Bertie did or Enda is doing, there would be few moved to consider murdering them.

But in relation to your point, are Collins, Barry and Dev sitting in any parliament at present?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Sean Sherlock.
    keano_afc wrote: »
    Lowry for me, purely because he's still in office and even meeting the guy has to be explained. His presence in the Dail is far more trouble than its worth and he should be turfed out. Mandate me arse, he is corrupt, dishonest and reprehensible and has no place in public life, never mind Dail Eireann.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjl8OIZijjY

That sums up Irish politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭corkcity

all blood sucking c*nts
    at least i never voted for any of them

all promise the same sh*t

if they were in any private company they would be jailed or fired a long long time ago

f*ucking scumbags the lot of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Joe Higgins should be there - filthy communist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

brian cowen only mentioned once???

• Advertisement
Advertisement