Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is Irelands most hated current politician?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

the fact that bastard bertie ahern is not in shackles boils my blood.
    honestly if i met that man in the street i would give him a good kick in the hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

leave poor Bertie alone. Sure he was only trying to do his best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Cant believe Joan Burton isn't up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭marozz

Where's Clare Daly on the list??

The whole lot of them should be on the list i.e. United Left Alliance!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Callely gets my vote. Conniving little.....:mad:

Then it would be Shatter. Why I outta...:mad:

As for Joe, Clare and Ming, they're tops of my fav politicians :pac:

Thing is, I dislike Callely and Shatter because they have been directly involved in the ruination of our wee plot, while Higgins & Co. are doing what they can to challenge that. Fair do's I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

You can't say Alan Shatter- thats anti-Semitic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Has to be Bertie. Two faced arrogant corrupt mother****er.... if there is anyone who beats that, I wanna know who.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Has to be Bertie. Two faced arrogant corrupt mother****er.... if there is anyone who beats that, I wanna know who.

HE'S NOT CURRENT!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Richard Boyd Barret or Clare Kelly for me. Although Phil Hogan probably nationally

or the shinner guy with the printers. Another right, well far left actually, arséhole!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Be here now

leo varadkar is the most annoying politican ever. his faces makes me mad. i hate him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Have to admire Phil Hogan. From nowhere to public enemy number one! keep it up Phil, you will be drawing your huge pension soon enough. bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Dubhlinner

leo varadkar is the most annoying politican ever. his faces makes me mad. i hate him.

hehe what a post to register over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

The thread is about who is most hated. Not who each individual hates the most. While people may hate what Bertie did or Enda is doing, there would be few moved to consider murdering them.

But in relation to your point, are Collins, Barry and Dev sitting in any parliament at present?

It doesn't matter they started off employing violence before entering politics. You either want Sinn Fein in politics or they revert back to violence. Personally I prefer the first option.

Its time to move on people. I wouldn't vote for them for political reasons, mainly their almost communist economic policies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Am I the only one who thinks he speaks like he's using one of those electrolarynx things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

I've developed a right dislike for self-satisfied, populist git Luke 'Ming' Flanagan.

Part of a rump of 'pay for nothing, expect everything' heads who sit up in that corner of the Dáil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BackScrub

D1stant wrote: »
    Ready, Fire, Aim

Mightn't we miss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I would say Gerry Adams. Can we add him to the list OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

I chose B Ahern as did most of us I see. But Lowry, Callely, Cowen and a host of others deserve to be top of the list too. I can't believe that Kenny isn't more hated. He deserves to be but the slimy git is allowing his ministers and the Labour goons to take the hate. The new teflon Taoiseach.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Where's Clare Daly on the list??

For someone from Kildare she has one of the strongest Dub accents around

How did that happen? :confused:
    Maybe it's put on, trying to be more local then the locals themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Statistician

I hate them all. Where is that option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    This country is Bourne through violence. Do you have the same hate for Collins, Barry, Dev etc?

I Do!

As far as I'm concerned you can lump adams, mcguinness, uvf boys and any other prick who stuck a gun in someone's face in with the above listed lot, no difference between them. Only a hypocrite says there is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭policarp

D1stant wrote: »
    Well I cant list them all, but a line up of the usual suspects

Ready, Fire, Aim

There are a lot of politicians alive today
    Only because murder is illegal. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    This country is Bourne through violence.

I didn't know Jason had a hand in it. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

You think yous have it bad, try listening to these uns……

Democratic Unionist Party (DUP)
    Progressive Unionist Party (PUP)
    Traditional Unionist Voice (TUV)
    Ulster Unionist Party (UUP)
    United Unionist Coalition (UUC)

Then youll know a thing or two about hated politicians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

So I take it you're not a Unionist :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Dubhlinner

mikemac1 wrote: »
    For someone from Kildare she has one of the strongest Dub accents around

How did that happen? :confused:
    Maybe it's put on, trying to be more local then the locals themselves

North Kildare is effectively a modern version of a dublin plantation

On Daly, I like her. One of the best politicians for calling a spade a spade. also comes across as one of the most intelligent and honest politicians elected

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

sheesh wrote: »
    brian cowen only mentioned once???

was just thinking the same thing !!!

so how did bulldog balls for a face cowen not get mentioned ???
    was he not guilty along with the other brian of saddling the country with 40 billion of private banking debt ???

he should be celotaped to bertie and both shot with the same shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Boom bang bing its a pick up
    Minister Phil Hogan eat a dick up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭Archeron

Darth Varadkar. Listen to the people and shut the f'ck up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

If someone can jail that slimy cnut Ahern I will have no problem paying for water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Jasus even in retirement Bertie still wins an election :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Bertie made me buy a house and put holidays on my CC!!!!!!!!!!11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Terrontress

girl2 wrote: »
    You think yous have it bad, try listening to these uns……

Democratic Unionist Party (DUP)
    Progressive Unionist Party (PUP)
    Traditional Unionist Voice (TUV)
    Ulster Unionist Party (UUP)
    United Unionist Coalition (UUC)

Then youll know a thing or two about hated politicians.

All you've done is list every Unionist Party. Which elected members of the United Unionist Coalition do you hate? And for which reasons?

Don't you like Jim Allister?vHe's twice as clever as most Unionist politicians and I love listening to him make DUP morons like Edwin Poots squirm.

For all Paisley's bitterness, and the blood on his hands, he had a certain charm and I miss that from NI politics. I think Allister is the closest to what Paisley was.

I suppose it's very easy to highlight ineffectiveness from opposition. The only DUP front-bencher that I'd have any faith in is Nigel Dodds. The rest seem barely competent, like Poots or McCausland or else rage filled balls of hatred like Campbell or Wilson.

UUP seem to be spinning themselves to destruction. Mike Nesbitt has been charming so far but that is why he's been chosen. We all know the friendly newsreader, he has been in our living rooms for years.

PUP, I had a lot of time to listen to David Ervine and Billy Hutchinson and they seemed to say a lot of right things at the right time but, like Sinn Fein, I could not forgive them for their murders. Dawn Purvis is a pig in lipstick.

But I'd be interested to hear you elaborate on your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭coolbeans

This is yet another politics thread fail and just shows that people don't care who they blame for recent failings as long as they can pin it on somebody, anybody. The absence of P. Flynn and Ray Burke, both of whom have been been proven corrupt, is surely evidence of my point. The Irish electorate is fundamentally stupid and fails to make the connexion between ethically questionable public reps such as Bertie and Lowry, both wildly popular despite their misdeeds being common knowledge, and poor standards and performance. "If he does right by me today I don't care if he's on the take" seems to be the attitude. Alternative attitudes are punished at the ballot box. A good example of this would be David Andrews who campaigned on cleaning up politics yet lost to Charlie H. In the 80s. I am sure a fair few of those swinging blindly at all politicians would fit nicely into this category. look at yourselves people. if we elect bent politicians we'll be rewarded with a bent and broken country. This blame all dem bastards attitude is pathetic and shows that people continue to pay no real attention to politics yet whine when it all goes wrong. trouble is 90% of the rabble doing the ranting would not be able to elaborate on why politicians x is deserving of such bile. Basically, if you ignore politics, politics will find you eventually. no amount of nonsensical ranting will change that. carry on swinging blindly guys.
    sheesh, this is tough to write on a phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

coolbeans wrote: »
    This is yet another politics thread fail and just shows that people don't care who they blame for recent failings as long as they can pin it on somebody, anybody. The absence of P. Flynn and Ray Burke, both of whom have been been proven corrupt, is surely evidence of my point. The Irish electorate is fundamentally stupid and fails to make the connexion between ethically questionable public reps such as Bertie and Lowry, both wildly popular despite their misdeeds being common knowledge, and poor standards and performance. "If he does right by me today I don't care if he's on the take" seems to be the attitude. Alternative attitudes are punished at the ballot box. A good example of this would be David Andrews who campaigned on cleaning up politics yet lost to Charlie H. In the 80s. I am sure a fair few of those swinging blindly at all politicians would fit nicely into this category. look at yourselves people. if we elect bent politicians we'll be rewarded with a bent and broken country. This blame all dem bastards attitude is pathetic and shows that people continue to pay no real attention to politics yet whine when it all goes wrong. trouble is 90% of the rabble doing the ranting would not be able to elaborate on why politicians x is deserving of such bile. Basically, if you ignore politics, politics will find you eventually. no amount of nonsensical ranting will change that. carry on swinging blindly guys.
    sheesh, this is tough to write on a phone.

The majority of human beings are stupid i'm afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

bertie is no longer a politician so he should be excluded from the vote

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Most of us could'nt do the job .

Advertisement