Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: work permit to permanent residency

Options
  • 18-04-2012 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

A few questions.

I have a 1yr work permit which i can extend up to 2yrs.
    1. Im in vancouver, anyone know best method to get my 2nd year work permit and when should i start the application?

2. Im working at a company that wants to move me into the IT section and sponser me. Is that a skilled worker job or would that help somehow with permanent residency.

3. How would i got about getting permanent residency in my situation.

4. To get a big loan in BC, do you have to be a permanent resident?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Burnvirus

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

A few questions.

I have a 1yr work permit which i can extend up to 2yrs.
    1. Im in vancouver, anyone know best method to get my 2nd year work permit and when should i start the application?
    What do you mean by a 1 year permit is this a 1 year TWP? In that case the company is going to have to go through the LMO process again for you.

If its for the IEC then sorry to say its closed for 2012 and wont reopen till December most likely

2. Im working at a company that wants to move me into the IT section and sponser me. Is that a skilled worker job or would that help somehow with permanent residency.

i'm on me phone so cant get the proper links but Google NOC codes Canada and from this you can determine if it will be a a help.

3. How would i got about getting permanent residency in my situation.

http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigration/come/work/about/index.page
    provinicial nominee isz the way to go I reckon. Read the above site for details

4. To get a big loan in BC, do you have to be a permanent resident?
    I dont know about that but it would stand to reason that you would have to be

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

re 4, determines how big a loan youd be looking for, but with a year done in the country and not being a resident, i'd hazard a guess that youd get $5-6000 maximum

Advertisement