Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAGNETIC MOUNT ANEMOMETER

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Cool! If it's not too rude a question, how much did that cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Cool! If it's not too rude a question, how much did that cost?

$89 + $16 shipping less than two weeks from order to arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Would love one of those :)

Good for you gbee..
    May the wind be always in your anemometer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

well gbee,are u happy with the anemometer,any faults with it?would not mind 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

For me the cups are located too near to the surface of the roof and therefore not in the free-flowing airflow. They would need to be at least 1-2 feet above the roof to ensure they are out of the laminar layer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

eastmayo wrote: »
    well gbee,are u happy with the anemometer,any faults with it?would not mind 1.

Sure. Two weeks ago I was catching speeds that were verified in Knockadoon.

I bought the magmount, it gets under some low barriers whilst out on the chase. I've driven it with the Kestrel to 70mph and they pretty much match.

However, on low speed driving, and low wind speed static, the Mag is in difference to the Kestrel as much as 20km/h

It's a storm chaser, it's just a beauty, I have it in the van all the time, deploy is a snitch, and my own WS at home is often in agreement.

It's good fun, I'm very satisfied.

Advertisement