Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query about increasing direct debit payment from AIB to another account

Options
  • 18-04-2012 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭

I have a long term savings account with An Post and also have a current account with AIB. I know its a silly question but I was wondering how do I go about increasing the fixed amount I tranfer from my AIB account to the An Post account on a monthly basis. Can it be done with Online banking? or would I need to fill out a form or do up a letter and send it off to the AIB head office/Local Branch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

if its a direct debit you should contact an post and they can increase the amount

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Your best bet in the case of a regular payment is to set up a standing order. The standing order means you are in control of your account. A direct debit on the other hand gives direct access to your account to a third party.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭billyhead

dub45 wrote: »
    Your best bet in the case of a regular payment is to set up a standing order. The standing order means you are in control of your account. A direct debit on the other hand gives direct access to your account to a third party.

Thanks for the info. You need an NSC number to set up a standing order payment. Would an post be able to provide this do you think or due to confidentiality restrictions refuse?

Advertisement