Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green IT

Options
  • 18-04-2012 8:27pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Green IT has been around for some time and I am wondering if any business owners here have considered the issue. My own understanding of the issue as an IT Engineer, is essentially running a business but more environmentally friendly which may help to cut costs where possible.

Cost cutting measures may come from recycling computer hardware, which still works thus reducing IT costs. This is not the only area which is encompassed by by Green IT. Others would include energy management to aid the reduction of ESB costs and other related costs associated with business. To further reduce costs, delivery and packaging could be reduced or altered in such a way, which would potential reduce waste costs and stock take.

I know my expertise is in IT, but it would be an interesting business which has been done already here in Ireland. The idea would be to provide solutions to businesses across the board in not just IT to reduce costs in the long run.

Has anyone had an experience in dealing with such a company or would consider it to help reduce costs. Or would anyone with the expertise in a business related service consider the idea of setting up a business in the area of GreenIT.

Advertisement