If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV amp advice

Options
  • 18-04-2012 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi there, currently upgrading my AV equipment. I've bought a new Samsung 55es8000 TV and Q acoustics Q7000 5.1 speakers. I'm looking for an amp and bluray player to finish the set. I have my eye on the Pioneer VSX-LX55 and would like to know if it would be a good fit or if you would recommend something else? I'm looking for a mid range 3d bluray player as well as it wont be used that much, preferably Pioneer also.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Goresh,

Thanks for getting in touch. And nice TV!!

The LX55 is a great amp, excellent sound and features. We're currently offering this for just £769.95.

OR

You can get it along with the excellent Pioneer BDP LX55 for just £989.95!!
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/home-cinema/av-receivers/pah01302

If you don't mind waiting I should have the new Onkyo TXNR 717 in (around end of May hopefully) This will retail for roughly the £800 mark. Check out the spec below:

http://www.uk.onkyo.com/en/products/tx-nr717-80257.html#

Let me know what you think. :)

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Goresh

Looks like a great match alright. i have been reading reviews and user opinions on the bluray player and the reviews are pretty terrible with lipsync problems, lines on the screen, movies playing in black and white etc. A lot of people have had to return it and get a different player.

I'm torn between this set and the Denon 3312 and DBP-2012UD.

which would you recommend?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Goresh,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Denon have been been a favorite here for a while. The 3312 is a great amp, jam packed with some excellent features.

The DBP2012 is a lovely player. We had one set up for a demo and I was very impressed with it.

Chris

Looks like i dont need the 3312, a 2312 would be more than enough.

can you get me a price for the 2312, a Panasonic DMP-BD210 (unless you can really recommend the denon bdp-2012ud?) and a pair of KEF HTS1001.2 speaker stands in black, plus a pair of monitor audio m6's in black, all delivered to Dublin.

once i get those prices i think i am ready to go and order.

many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Goresh.

The Denon player is a much superior player in terms of picture and sound quality compared to the Panasonic. It depends on whether you want the best picture and sound (without getting into serious money) or you would prefer to go for something a bit lower down the scale with some extra features.

Actually, the 210 Panasonic has now been replaced by the 220 Panasonic which is £199.95

Let me know which you are tempted for and I'll drop you a quote for the lot including delivery.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Thanks Dave,

please quote me for the Denon player.

Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

PM Sent.

Cheers Alan.

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.