Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music practical help please!

• 18-04-2012 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hey guys, my music practical is next thursday and im doing it externally in my old school as im repeating......I was going to do 4 pieces and music tech but then found out a few days ago that the school got rid of finale notepad for some other program and that i would have to get the program myself and bring it in on a laptop which is really difficult to do.........i signed up for the performing elective so can i just do 6 pieces instead of 4+music tech or did i have to sign up to something different to be able to just perform 6 pieces..........coming up with an extra 2 songs wouldnt be too difficult and i have the time but i dont think i have the time to get someones laptop and get finale on it aswell as paying for it........so can i just do 6 pieces on the day? (p.s im playing bass guitar and using backing tracks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Ok, have you filled out your Forms yet regarding what you'll perform during your practical? If not, then it's not too late. You'll have to fill out the forms stating you want to do 6 Solo guitar. It shouldn't be much of a problem, just don't leave it too late!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭rainbow66666

im not sure......i think the only form i filled out was the one were we had to check the box if we were doing peforming elective or composing and i ticked performing.....other than that no form has been filled in yet but i my teacher im talking to in the school said she will give me a form to fill when i get in there next thursday so thats probably the form you are speaking of?

im not sure......i think the only form i filled out was the one were we had to check the box if we were doing peforming elective or composing and i ticked performing.....other than that no form has been filled in yet but i my teacher im talking to in the school said she will give me a form to fill when i get in there next thursday so thats probably the form you are speaking of?
    Yep that'll be it. It shouldn't be a problem, loads of lads decided to change from 4+4 to 6 during my Practical on Monday so it should be fine! Do you know what Unprepared test your going to do?

umm i totally forgot about that....i think im doing the chords, cause i did that last year and it was easy......should i do 4 on one instrument (bass) and 2 pieces on another (acoustic)?

umm i totally forgot about that....i think im doing the chords, cause i did that last year and it was easy......should i do 4 on one instrument (bass) and 2 pieces on another (acoustic)?

NOOOO. You can't do 4 + 2. PLEASE don't do this, one of my Friends did this today and is going to be severely penalised for not completing the right amount.

If your going to do 2 instruments- You HAVE to do 4+4

If your going to do 1 instrument- You do 6

• Advertisement

ah well then ill do 6 on bass and just find another 2 backing tracks.......because i was going over some finale stuff on a 2007 version and the pieces i have for it im not sure are good enough and im not sure on my edits, so doing finale is a serious risk taker........so im probably better off just doing 6 pieces on bass? and then for the unprepared its the sightreading i think were i play chords on guitar to the rythm of whats on the sheet

ah well then ill do 6 on bass and just find another 2 backing tracks.......because i was going over some finale stuff on a 2007 version and the pieces i have for it im not sure are good enough and im not sure on my edits, so doing finale is a serious risk taker........so im probably better off just doing 6 pieces on bass? and then for the unprepared its the sightreading i think were i play chords on guitar to the rythm of whats on the sheet
    If your hesitant at all at Music Technology, don't do it. The examiner will know and you'll lose loads of marks. Our Teacher had our class able to set up the sheet, input 48 bars (4 systems 12 bars each) complete 3 edits. Save, retrieve and print in 6 minutes! :P

nice that does seem pretty good, i was fine at it last year but this year i have no teacher and had to find finale online somewhere and could only get the 2007 one, which doesnt even let you determine how many measures you want to use when setting up........so ya........im probably better off on the day just telling her im going to do 6 pieces because music tech im not prepared for at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

had to find finale online somewhere and could only get the 2007 one, which doesnt even let you determine how many measures you want to use when setting up........so ya.......

Use Musescore

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ring your school and speak to your old teacher tomorrow.
    Ask their advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement