Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie Game Watch Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

This looks ****ing cool :D

Factorio.com

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

is it a management game or an RTS?

Skerries wrote: »
    is it a management game or an RTS?
    From the description on the website...
    Factorio is a game in which you build and maintain factories.

You will be mining resources, researching technologies, building infrastructure, automating production and fighting enemies. Use your imagination to design your factory, combine simple elements into ingenious structures, apply management skills to keep it working and finally protect it from the creatures who don't really like you.
    So I'd say it leans towards the management side of things but with defensive placements required to repel enemy attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

was disappointed when I came on here and this wasn't a thing

Indiana_Jones_in_Raiders_of_the_Lost_Ark.jpgGame_%26_Watch.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I told my friend about this game. He watched a few videos and then bought it. He is happy as pig in ****.
    I like games like that, but I am not sure if I need to push the trigger now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Wossack

hah, came here to post about this game (factorio)

they've a demo on their website, with I think the first 3 levels of the campaign

its really cool, and reckon will be getting it for the weekend

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wossack wrote: »
    hah, came here to post about this game (factorio)

they've a demo on their website, with I think the first 3 levels of the campaign

its really cool, and reckon will be getting it for the weekend

Me too,its exactly the type of game I've been looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Wossack

really all I used to play minecraft for was the machine/factory building (I peaked at building a HV solar array factory in tekkit), so Im pretty hyped about this alright :P

they're working on multiplayer at the mo too, which is pretty insane considering the amount of stuff happening on screen at once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I lost about 3 hours to it last night. I reckon I'll buy after reading the blurb at the end. I usually can't stand crafting games, but the automated potential of this really intrigues me.

• Advertisement

Just saw this pop up on Twitter, looks like a really neat concept so will definitely be keeping an eye on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

gizmo wrote: »

Just saw this pop up on Twitter, looks like a really neat concept so will definitely be keeping an eye on it.

Interesting - a little like a real-time Frozen Synapse, but in first person.

Got linked to this last night by a mate, not much info available as of yet but the gorgeous art style alone has me interested.

POKU

Death's Gambit
    “Inspired by Dark Souls, Shadow of The Colossus… Death’s Gambit is a challenging Action-RPG where you explore an alien medieval planet filled with beasts, knights, and horrors. “

Piqued my interest anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That does look snazzy, hope it controls well too.

Advertisement