Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest Petrol on the Northside?

Options
  • 18-04-2012 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

Tescos at whitehall is supposed to be cheap but not by much. I think it was 1.67. Southside seems to be cheaper (1.66) but I encountered more Apples there and they seem to be the cheapest. are there any Apples on the Northside?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭earlyevening

The station 100 metres from Connolly Stn on Amiens St is cheap. Topaz I think. Not sure of current prices but is lower than almost all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Both Essos on the Navan Road were 163.9 recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

It's a complete rip-off in Dublin - I was west at Easter and it was 158.9 in a lot of the stations....I was amazed at the difference...:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The Maxol at Broadstone is usually one of the cheaper places too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Tesco patrol is muck.
    I'm a strong believer in that all petrol is not the same. Some petrol is **** in certin garages and doesn't last as long as other garages.

Apple green garages are really good - always a couple of cent cheaper then any other garages. They also do a loyalty card , which you get cheap holidays, spa packages, etc (check out there website)

Think it's €1.67 at the moment - check pumps.ie

The nearest one I can think of is in kinsealy.

Theres also one in Ballbriggin

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It's a complete rip-off in Dublin - I was west at Easter and it was 158.9 in a lot of the stations....I was amazed at the difference...:(

I don't know where in the West you were at Easter, but around around Galway & Connemara it was as expensive as Dublin, if not more so.

When I found a garage less expensive than the others near Oranmore - the owner would only accept cash - no credit or debit cards accepted for fuel. (Sure mate. *wink-wink, nudge-nudge*)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

spurious wrote: »
    The Maxol at Broadstone is usually one of the cheaper places too.

like the maxol in harolds cross. diesel was 155.8 there earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

The station 100 metres from Connolly Stn on Amiens St is cheap. Topaz I think. Not sure of current prices but is lower than almost all.

if the station belongs to a company like Topaz or Esso I wonder do they have a universal price?
    I found an Apple in Kinsealy where it was 1.66.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Fuinseog wrote: »
    if the station belongs to a company like Topaz or Esso I wonder do they have a universal price?
    I found an Apple in Kinsealy where it was 1.66.

No universal prices amongst the same brand.

The people who own the one on Amiens St also own one in Blanch Corporate Park and they charge a lot more there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I don't know where in the West you were at Easter, but around around Galway & Connemara it was as expensive as Dublin, if not more so.

When I found a garage less expensive than the others near Oranmore - the owner would only accept cash - no credit or debit cards accepted for fuel. (Sure mate. *wink-wink, nudge-nudge*)

Dead right, sometimes the more off the beaten track the more expensive they are. I do a lot of driving all over Ireland and some months Dublin is way cheaper and other months the West, South or NorthWest is way cheaper. I can't work it out, but I usually spot the cheapest on the way to my destination and fill up on the way back.

I find the station (forget what brand) on the Malahide Road in Coolock on the left heading out of town before Clare hall is usually reasonable enough.

I'd never ever fill up in the wink-wink places, particularly around the border! I value my turbo and my fuel injectors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Dancor wrote: »
    Both Essos on the Navan Road were 163.9 recently.

1.64 today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Not sure of the name of the particular station but the one at the back of superquinn in Finlay's. Afaik it's called gulf? €1.63

• Registered Users Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭Esel

cruais wrote: »
    Not sure of the name of the particular station but the one at the back of Superquinn in Finglas. Afaik it's called Gulf? €1.63
    FYP. Passed there on Monday and it was €1.67?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

there a garage at the tesco in kilbarrick at the shopping centre that does be a slight bit cheaper than most.

then theres the apple garage on the way out to malahide which isnt too bad.

most garages ont he northdside are a rip off, and the southside does be cheaper.

the one on the quays is great, near the four courts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    the one on the quays is great, near the four courts.
    Could you be sure you're getting a full litre there though? They have had their problems in the past.

Advertisement