Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband router and phone in one socket

• 18-04-2012 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi,

Very basic question here people.

Waiting on my my phone line to be connected by Eircom. There is only one phone socket in the house. The phone will not be used by and large but can I connect both the router and phone to the one socket using a simple double adapter?

They do say that no question is stupid but I have a feeling this one might be!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Hi,

Very basic question here people.

Waiting on my my phone line to be connected by Eircom. There is only one phone socket in the house. The phone will not be used by and large but can I connect both the router and phone to the one socket using a simple double adapter?

They do say that no question is stupid but I have a feeling this one might be!!!!

usually a splitter is supplied

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

bealtine wrote: »
    usually a splitter is supplied

A simple double adapter shouldn't be used

If your a beginner its important to know that the splitter supplied contains a dsl filter on one side. There will be icons on the splitter so make sure you connect the phone and dsl line into the appropriate ones.

And its by no means a stupid question:) wise man say the only stupid question is the one not asked!!!!

Advertisement