Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Strategic Management

Options
  • 18-04-2012 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hey i got offered a pace in this course for next september.
    Just wondering if anyone else here is doing it, i'd just like to see the mix between students who are doing it straight after their undergrad(like me) or those who have had jobs previously?
    also has anyone done the course before and do they have any comment on it?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Hi,

I've just finished the course, part time. The part time class are mostly people in mid 20's + with jobs. The full timers looked like they came in straight from undergrad.

It's a decent enough course, some good bits, some bad bits. Depends on your lecturer really, some are shocking, others are very good. There is A LOT of group work. The exams are fairly easy if you attend all the lectures and make proper notes of the important stuff. It's a doddle really if you've any cop on.

By the way, as I am just finished, I've just put all my coursebooks for sale on amazon marketplace. If interest pm me and i'll send you a link to my seller profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 liverpoolfc101

statss wrote: »
    Hi,

I've just finished the course, part time. The part time class are mostly people in mid 20's + with jobs. The full timers looked like they came in straight from undergrad.

It's a decent enough course, some good bits, some bad bits. Depends on your lecturer really, some are shocking, others are very good. There is A LOT of group work. The exams are fairly easy if you attend all the lectures and make proper notes of the important stuff. It's a doddle really if you've any cop on.

By the way, as I am just finished, I've just put all my coursebooks for sale on amazon marketplace. If interest pm me and i'll send you a link to my seller profile.

How much time did you have to spend weekly while on this course? Considering doing it in September. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pacorbett

I've just applied for the MSc in Strategic Management in DIT - part time option. I'd love to hear some more feedback on this course: quality of lectures, average study hours per week needed, any other impressions would be great to hear before handing over my money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

How much time did you have to spend weekly while on this course? Considering doing it in September. Thanks

Classes were Tuesday and Thursdays. I usually spent about 4/5 hours over the weekends getting my pieces of work together. If you plan ahead regarding assignments you shouldn't be under too much pressure. Trying to organise people turning up for group work can very time consuming though.

Advertisement