Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat Roof Insulation

• 18-04-2012 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice. Have renewed a flat roof over a kitchen extension. I'm getting a lot of conflicting information on the best method to insulate.

The roof rafters are 9" * 2*with 18mm plywood on top and torch on felt above this. The original plan was to put a 100 mm PIR board between the rafters and then foil back plasterboard on top. The roof has about a 8 degree pitch.

Some people are advising against this and suggesting that I put rockwool between the rafters and then a warmboard over this. Others a PIR board between and then foil backed board. I'm getting confused as to what is the best way forward.

Any ideas and reasoning as to the best way forward. I want to get the best insulation i can for the future. Thanks.

Advertisement