Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Netbook

Options
  • 18-04-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi,

Going travelling in the summer and looking to pick up a really cheap net book, have a HP Touchpad but would like a little netbook to.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Jarren wrote: »
    Budget?

Ah Jaysus dont start mentioning Budget, Im not over the last one yet-lol

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ruddy1987

Jarren wrote: »
    Budget?

Was hoping around €200 but i dont know if its even possible...basically as cheap as possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Ruddy

It's pretty impossible to get a brand new unit within that price range unless is from Amazon.de
    http://www.amazon.de/EeePC-Netbook-Intel-MeeGo-braun/dp/B005FQMB42/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1334817177&sr=1-1

Delivery is about 7 blips but the main thing is that the unit has a different keyboard layout

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout#Germany_and_Austria

Other than this I can tell you that your best bet is to get a second hand/refurbished netbook from adverts.ie/done deal.ie/eBay etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

I have a little asus ee PC 701 which runs linux... doubt you can find them anywhere new anymore but saw one on adverys a couple of weeks back for an asking price of €50. I got it when i was travelling in oz, ont 7" screen but was grand for web browsing, writing emails, watching films etc. I'll prob bring it to the euro's with me for fear my touchpad will get lost/stolen!! So you'd get something like that fairly cheap 2nd hand!

EDIT: just checked adverys now, one for €119 and one for €200 both used! These guys are having a laugh! think mine was about €119 new!

• Advertisement
Advertisement