Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finishing 2nd Year Visa- can I go to NZ and get a 1 year holiday visa?

Options
  • 18-04-2012 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

I'm finishing my 2nd WHV unfortunately but am living in a very beautiful volunteering scenario here helping in a rainforest. I've heard that it is possible to get a one year holiday visa but do you think it would be possible after being here for the 2 years WHV?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Just so we are clear

You are in NZ now at the end of your 2 year WHV and you want to get a 1 year holiday Visa to keep volunteering in the rainforest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Wuggectumondo

I am in Australia near the end of my 2nd WHV.

I would like to go to NZ to apply for a 1 year holiday visa for Australia (I am assuming that I would have to leave the country to apply for the holiday visa, that is why I am saying NZ). I have enough money in my account to show them I don't need to work and will have free food and accommodation for the year as a volunteer.

Would this be possible after being here for 2 years on the WHV already? My only concern is that they are suspicious of why I want to stay in Australia for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

apply for this while in Oz, http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/676/how-to-apply.htm - make sure you contact the Australian Visa office though
    you might not have to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

My only concern is that they are suspicious of why I want to stay in Australia for so long.

That would be a big concern since they could suspect you now have 2 years worth of work contacts and you will just pick up where you left off and work illegally for a year.

Advertisement