Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I Run It?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

That link just drops me at the main page.

What laptop do you have?

If you were to get a better computer what kind of money would you have to spend and would it have to be a laptop?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What laptop do you have?

If you were to get a better computer what kind of money would you have to spend and would it have to be a laptop?

The link worked earlier, but doesn't now.

It was a laptop, 4 gig of RAM, Core 2 Duo at 2.13GHz, and an nVidia Geforce 260M.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

What laptop do you have?

Definately wouldn't have enough money to buy a PC for a good few months anyway.I'd buy a desktop if I was buyng anything.The laptop is an Asus g60vx gaming laptop but its 3 or 4 years old at this stage now so it cant run a lot of the modern stuff.

Everything is grand apart from the processor.I've looked into getting it upgraded before but I dont think its possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ManTheSam

Seems like a fairly capable laptop so I'd be pretty confident it would run on decent graphical settings

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

SHould do..I was able to run it on my laptop at 1440x900 at low-medium settings and it was fine in fairness..getting around 50-60fps.

Mine was a quad-core with a quadro 3700m which is basically an overpowered 9800gtm so yours should be pretty similiar to mine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I think you'd be fine. CPU should just about be able to do the job. I have a Desktop CPU 2.13ghz Core 2 and it just about manages the game at 30-35fps

Had an Core2@2.4Ghz and it kinda struggled. I used GameBooster to free up some processor time and it really helped.

I'll get it over the weekend and try it out.Hopefully I can play.Love the game.

Thanks for the help.

One question though.I want to upgrade the processor if possible.Will I ask over on the PC Upgrading forum or would anyone here know if its possible?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I would have said the laptops forum more so:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=529

:D

It looks so good

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Did you upgrade or are you happy with how it runs?

Did you upgrade or are you happy with how it runs?

I have everything on low and its running alright but I might get the processor upgrade anyway just to improve it.It can only make it better.

Had an Core2@2.4Ghz and it kinda struggled. I used GameBooster to free up some processor time and it really helped.

Just a question about Gamebooster.I can run it on low without Gamebooster and when I enable it,it says I have 44% more performance. Does that theoretically mean I can increase settings by 44%? Should I jsut keep increasing them until I notice lag or screen tearing?

Chavways wrote: »
    Just a question about Gamebooster.I can run it on low without Gamebooster and when I enable it,it says I have 44% more performance. Does that theoretically mean I can increase settings by 44%? Should I jsut keep increasing them until I notice lag or screen tearing?

Seems to always say 44% more.

When in game, hit the key to the left of 1, the ` key and type "render.drawfps 1" without the quotes and hit enter. mess with your settings until you get above 30FPS in most situations.

Seems to always say 44% more.

When in game, hit the key to the left of 1, the ` key and type "render.drawfps 1" without the quotes and hit enter. mess with your settings until you get above 30FPS in most situations.

Even on low I'm only getting 23fps.Hopefully with the new processor that'll improve by at least 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Even on low I'm only getting 23fps.Hopefully with the new processor that'll improve by at least 20.
    not going to happen. BF3 is much more GPU intensive than CPU.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    not going to happen. BF3 is much more GPU intensive than CPU.

I installed it on friday.Getting between 35 and 45fps now.A pretty decent increase.

I installed it on friday.Getting between 35 and 45fps now.A pretty decent increase.

Pretty much what I expected. I'd be fairly pleased with that tbh :)

Pretty much what I expected. I'd be fairly pleased with that tbh :)

Ya I'm pretty happy with it. I'm playing on the laptop screen but if I used a 32 inch T.v as an external monitor would fps drop a lot?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Only if you increased the screen resolution

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

You should be fine. Just dont play with MSAA, it brings your FPS waaaaaay down :/
    Medium still looks good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Hey lads, here's the detail for my laptop. I mainly play on the xbox, but saw that my laptop meets the minimum requirements, though not the recommended. Is it worth my while investing in a copy for the pc, or will it just play like pants on my system?
    bf3systemreqs.png
    Pretty much boils down to me having 512MB video (minimum) as opposed to the 1GM recommended. What do you think?

Your GPU is a bottleneck. You might get around the same framerate as the console, if you're acceptable with that. On low settings, which is about the same graphics quality as the console either (maybe slightly lower shadow graphics)

Advertisement