Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst food/meal you ever ate

• 18-04-2012 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭

I got a curry tray on the way home from work one time.
    Got home and started to tuck in.
    Didn't look at what I was eating(well it was just curry and chips) so was a couple of forkfuls in when I looked at the next forkful.
    On it was half an earwig.
    Now this in itself was disgusting enough until I realised that it was HALF an earwig.
    Yup you can guess where the other half had gone:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Lots of protein in ear wigs. It's good for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

Cadburys chocolate gives me the ****s.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

the chipper down the road to me is mank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Easter must be a terrible time for you;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Chili chapulines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

A sample of a burger in Tesco, it was so bad that I needed to find an empty aisle and spit it out :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

I re-heated a doner kebab 2 days after I almost finished it.
    That's not the worst part tho... I ate it for breakfast at 9am.
    Jesus only died once :)

Another example was a friend of mine got one of those boil in the bag meals years ago. Cooked it, dished it out onto the plate and was picking through it when they found a very long pube in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Bassfish

I went into one of those Asian all you can eat for €6.50 places on Moore st. (I'm not proud of it). I got some of what was labelled beef curry, I bit into what I thought was beef, turns out it was a Liver Curry. I spat it back onto the plate and left.
    I ordered an 'andouillette' sausage in Paris, took one bite and it tastes like licking a hobo's crack. I'm now considering going veggie!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

A badly packed kebab I had after a night out.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Lumpy mash :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Got some miso soup paste out of Dunnes there not so long ago, think it had seaweed in it. Disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

mishkalucy wrote: »

Easter must be a terrible time for you;)

Ohh I ate a few al right, takes a few hours before I get the rumble.

Honestly when i get the urge, iv to brace myself against the wall and grit my theeth..... Then I let out an almighty fart that sounds like thunder, pebble dash the bowl and the flow sounds like I'm choking a duck.
    After the first break through its okay, just sit for another 20mins (Thank God for Wifi).

My ring feels like iv been bummed by king Kong afterwards though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

A lasagne in Tenerife -The meat was grey. Additionally, there were persistent flies everywhere, swarming around our food while we tried to eat. It was nasty.

Tenerife is nasty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Monkian

The Angus Steakhouses in London - lowest grade meat I've ever eaten. Got lamb kebab skewers, and it was like rubber. Sent it back & got a burger, and it was inferior to a microwave burger, as far as meat quality goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

Saurkraut juice.
    Vomit inducing as it turns out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Beondegi or live octopus. Had a couple of drinks(literally one or two) before the octopus otherwise I don't think I'd have managed to chew it.

token101 wrote: »
    A badly packed kebab I had after a night out.....

Nothing worse than a badly packed kebab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,509 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I was dared to eat a live snail once. So yeah that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Penis pie with seaman sauce. Just awful.

• Advertisement

Monkian wrote: »
    The Angus Steakhouses in London - lowest grade meat I've ever eaten. Got lamb kebab skewers, and it was like rubber. Sent it back & got a burger, and it was inferior to a microwave burger, as far as meat quality goes.

Funny you should mention this!
    It wasn't the big one on Oxford Street by any chance?
    Reason for asking is that I ate in there a number of years ago while on a weekend away, well actually there wasn't much eating done as the food was hideous.
    Anyway, got home on the Monday and on the Tuesday night the was a programme on UTV one of those "Restaurants From Hell" type things. The Angus on Oxford st was on it and by god I was a sick as a pig after what I saw:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

had a meal in a hotel once that came with the weekend package.
    got salmon and brown bread starter - there was mould on the bread sent it back for the soup.
    the meal was uniformly soft and it was roast beef and veg, spuds, etc - we then noticed that the average age of the rest of room was 67.5 so the food was aimed at causing them as little problems as possible.
    we left, but only after i had the point out the mould on the bread being served the the people at the next table.
    only it was a 'free' or inclusive meal i would have not paid for it.
    in fairness to the hotel when they read the customer feedback form they sent us a letter and a meal voucher to return. we didn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 briantannam

I got a paella in Barcelona thinking it was the right place to try it
    but it was the worst meal I ever had, nasty, greasy, with little hard bits in it as small as baby teeth....yuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

Sakuma wiki. All the texture and aroma of grass, with none of that pesky flavour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Khlav Kalash.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

I was dared to eat a live snail once. So yeah that

I heard that's good for you if you have stomach problems. Don't know if its true.

The worst thing I've eaten was random "meat" from a street vendor in Thailand

ball wrote: »
    I heard that's good for you if you have stomach problems. Don't know if its true.

The worst thing I've eaten was random "meat" from a street vendor in Thailand

Did you eat the meat from the stall or from the vendor?:p

I had quite a lot of food from the street vendors in Thailand and never got sick from it,loved it actually.
    The only food that made me ill over there was when we ate in a Dutch restaurant:confused:
    Sick as a parrot from that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

A certain Chinese takeaway in Rathfarnham village poisoned me a few years back. I think it was Lemon Chicken with rice that I got. They obviously weren't storing the rice properly. I was as sick as a pig an hour later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I have a gluten intolerance. Ate half a pizza earlier anyway and my gut was killing me. That happens sometimes, especially on a night out. Inebriation doesn't lend well to watching your intake.
    Otherwise I've had most cheap ass microwavable things at one stage during my poor student life. Including Chicken in curry sauce out of a tin that I found in Tesco. I was more disgusted with myself that I wasn't disgusted by it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Tesco brand Shepherds Pie. The ****ing dog wouldn't even finish it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

I got a curry tray on the way home from work one time.
    Got home and started to tuck in.
    Didn't look at what I was eating(well it was just curry and chips) so was a couple of forkfuls in when I looked at the next forkful.
    On it was half an earwig.
    Now this in itself was disgusting enough until I realised that it was HALF an earwig.
    Yup you can guess where the other half had gone:eek:

Very same thing happened me. I was sharing a curry with my friend, we don't know who ate the missing half :(

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭marozz

Years ago in a small village in the south of France I chanced upon a restaurant. My French was crap but I went for the dish of the day. It was tasteless apart from the sauce it was in. It turned out to be sheeps brain - I was not impressed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Did you eat the meat from the stall or from the vendor?:p

I had quite a lot of food from the street vendors in Thailand and never got sick from it,loved it actually.
    The only food that made me ill over there was when we ate in a Dutch restaurant:confused:
    Sick as a parrot from that one.

French restaurant in Ko Samui.

First time I learned not to trust a fart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Anti Nowhere League

Well I've drunk that, and I've drunk this
    And I've spewed up on a pint of piss....

So What! SO WHAT!!!!!!

French restaurant in Ko Samui.

First time I learned not to trust a fart.

Haha
    Dutch restaurant in Hua Hin:D
    Had been in the country a while and the OH was missing spuds:confused:
    Only place where we could get anything like that. Jebus, I thought I was going to die. My tan turned a lovely shade of green:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mummymoo

got a chicken royal in burger k*ng once and it had green mould all over it uuugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭pockets3d

Well I've drunk that, and I've drunk this
    And I've spewed up on a pint of piss....

So What! SO WHAT!!!!!!

I like how you made that account just for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

got chicken burger in Rick's once - absolutely disgusting. Chicken was a brick, withered lettuce and mayo tasted rank. The chips were like cardboard aswell.

Only went back two more times:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Bassfish wrote: »
    I ordered an 'andouillette' sausage in Paris, took one bite and it tastes like licking a hobo's crack. I'm now considering going veggie!

And you know that taste................How?.....................Why? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Pepperoni and cheese chicagotown frozen pizza,vile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Haggis at Barnhall R.F.C. I think it was because we were the away team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 martin kelly.

Anything with onions in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Slowly cooked veal cheek in Milan. Promptly wretched in my napkin and left the table

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Got this pie in morroco, can't remember what it was called but it was pidgeon and vegetables in pastry, it's their national dish i think - it was absolutely horrible! Must have been gone off or something cos i could only ate about 10% of it and i was puking for 2 days after! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I bought what I thought was a packet of frozen schnitzels (mmm...) turned out it was one measly schnitzel with frozen mashed potato, carrots and peas in it. Cooked it anyway... The vegetables were mank and the schnitzel had a weird aftertaste.

I'm going to read my food before I buy it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Marmite on toast.

"Excuse me, I think I'm going to be.....*bleuuuurghhhh*.."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Went out for a fancy meal one night in Germany, picked the only veggie option on the menu; it sounded really fancy and was really looking forward to it. I almost cried when the brought it out as it was two hash browns on a plate with a tiny bit of salad..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Statistician

Ohh I ate a few al right, takes a few hours before I get the rumble.

Honestly when i get the urge, iv to brace myself against the wall and grit my theeth..... Then I let out an almighty fart that sounds like thunder, pebble dash the bowl and the flow sounds like I'm choking a duck.
    After the first break through its okay, just sit for another 20mins (Thank God for Wifi).

My ring feels like iv been bummed by king Kong afterwards though :(
    I enjoy all that.
    If I knew a food that could do that to me without making me feel nauseous, I'd eat it now again for a special bowels treat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Pistasicio ice cream in portugal.

Picture of the food on the menu beside portugeuse words so we were just going by what we saw, thought it was mint. puked the rest of the meal up after the first bite :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭positron

Goats cheese - smells exactly like an old goat.
    Cockles - 3 days of throwing up and diarrhea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement