Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst food/meal you ever ate

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

pie in the work canteen, tasted like they mixed washing up liquid in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

Hákarl in Iceland...fooking foul !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%A1karl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

On holiday in Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria, there was what looked like a bus shelter on a corner that served beer 24/7, great from when coming home sloshed and having one for the ditch. If only I'd stuck to the beer. A couple of nights in I noticed they were selling burgers too. Myself and a few friends got stuck in. Whilst eating one, they seemed distinctly crunchy. It was only when I cut the inside of my mouth I realised they were bits of bone.

Thankfully it was the one time that alcohol was my friend as it must have staved off the food poisoning. It was only late the next day that I remember the locals laughing at us and mentioning "una burgesa de rata".

Didn't stop me going back for beer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Ate horse in Belgium once, farking rotton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Curry Capital, Bigg Market, Newcastle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Pabzzz

Sappa wrote: »
    Pepperoni and cheese chicagotown frozen pizza,vile.

YUMMMMM..without a doubt the nicest frozen pizzas out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Ordered a Chinese takeaway for myself and the ex, when I got home I noticed a maggot in the chau mein contents luckily before I tucked into it. I almost puked my guts up. I went back to the takeaway and your one behind the counter offered me something else. No thanks, took the cash and never set foot in the door again. I knew one of the lads working there so I didn't want to get FSA involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Was out for a meal in Pa Pa Thai in New Ross after my cousin's confirmation a few years ago, my aunt was paying for everything, she wouldn't let us pay for ours.

Now I love curry and spicy food in general, so I decided I would order the thai green chicken curry.

Honest to god, my mouth was literally on fire after one bite, and it was fairly vile on top of that. I spent the whole time there trying to get all the sauce off the chicken with napkins because I didn't have the heart to leave it behind me after my aunt paying for it.

So anytime I go there now I stick to the Weeping Tiger Steak. If you haven't tried it yet, you haven't lived! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

ate food in captain americas terrible. utter ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

There's a seasonal food very popular in northern Sweden called surströmming, literally "sour herring". I was once invited to a garden party in Stockholm to enjoy the freshly arrived new season's fish. They came in large cans, which were puffed up like footballs. When the cans were pierced, a jet of foul-smelling gas hissed out. Then the lid was cut off and someone picked up the first fish by the tail and put it on my plate. It was about 12-14 cm long and covered in a thick coating of a greenish-yellow snot-like slime. :eek::eek::eek:

Since I was, in a way, the guest of honour and clearly regarded as representing Ireland, I had no option but to swallow it. It tasted like I imagine salty snot tastes, but the fact that I has already consumed a lot of schnapps helped it and the next few fish go down as well.:D

Students training to be barristers at King's Inns have to attend dinners as part of a tradition called "dining for Ireland", but I reckon I dined for Ireland that evening as well. Probably the most patriotic thing I've ever done, to be honest.:o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surstr%C3%B6mming

TIP: If you are ever in Sweden in late summer and get invited to a surströmming party - run!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Pabzzz wrote: »
    YUMMMMM..without a doubt the nicest frozen pizzas out there!

Noooooo! Carlos Frozen Pizzas from Aldi are scrumdidlyumtious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭pawrick

I had some sort of cold meat platter which included a tongue (cow or deer not sure) sliced in to lengthways strips - my mates nearly puked when I was eating it. Tasted ok once I didn't think too much about it. Also had sausages with it which were raw and filled with different meats - they were really disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Turkish Delight or Porridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Charlies 3 at about 4am, my ring paid for it the next morning :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I simply cannot abide Lidl milk - it just tastes wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I was down at Indiependence a few years ago and my friend and I decided we were sick of the delicious stone baked pizza on camp that we had been living off for two days and made the journey to town to find some eats, the thought of Supermacs or any off shoot of that kind of place wasnt tempting so we opted for some pub grub, turkey and ham nice one.

The chips were uncooked, the veg was tinned peas and the meat was slimy and fatty and to top that off we were the only ones in what looked like some aul ones living room of a "restaurant" and the server was strange to say the least.

In short, cool story bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

If anyone happens to be visiting or passing through Eindhoven in The Netherlands, do not be tempted by a restaurant called "movies" it's beside the cinema. Absolutly the worst meal I have ever eaten,I ordered steak it was not a pleasant experience, rubber and didn't taste at all like steak :( From a group of 16 people, not one person enjoyed their meal. Says it all really...

Sizzler's, de Bengal or rodeos on the other hand are the way to go if ever you find yourself in Eindhoven!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

An "Inferno" pizza from Aldi. Only had a quarter of it and I was actually crying from the hotness of it. And I usually like spicy things!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Salmiakki in Finland. The people who call it a sweet or confectionery are evil. And they give it to children.. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bensweeney

The best food I have ever ate is Duck Satay. I love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Red chillies in Mexico, they were hottttttttt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i accidentally ate cucumber once. i still get shivers thinking about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Brown sauce. Sweet mother of God the stuff is vile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

Burritos in Berlin, they had broccoli in them, as did all the vegetarian dishes in the Mexican restaurant we went to,obsessed with broccoli in Berlin so they are!doesn't bode well for Mexican food there.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Heart Attack grill, Arizona.

Buns drenched in lard. Chips cooked in lard.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_Attack_Grill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

www.sh-itefood.co.uk (remove the dash)

An english site dedicated to sampling some of the stuff on here.

personally, the microwaveable stuff i used to get cos i was poor/lazy, some of it was manky.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shankespony

Had seafood platter in a "lovely" establishment in Howth, which Paolo Tullio reviewed and called Bloody Awful in the Indo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

mishkalucy wrote: »
    I got a curry tray on the way home from work one time.

Haven't heard that phrase in years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

without doubt it has to be in ibiza...beef steak and chips and salad,the meat was still moooing when i stuck the fork in,one leaf of lettuce and grease soaked chips,gawked for hours after it,and i only had one bite!!!

Ohh I ate a few al right, takes a few hours before I get the rumble.

Honestly when i get the urge, iv to brace myself against the wall and grit my theeth..... Then I let out an almighty fart that sounds like thunder, pebble dash the bowl and the flow sounds like I'm choking a duck.
    After the first break through its okay, just sit for another 20mins (Thank God for Wifi).

My ring feels like iv been bummed by king Kong afterwards though :(

Are you lactose intolerant?

• Advertisement

Baneblade wrote: »
    pie in the work canteen, tasted like they mixed washing up liquid in it

They probably did. Beefs it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

In Thailand i got a taste for fried locusts. First ate them there when drunk and after that i would always get a bag of them from the street vendors after a few drinks. I wish you could get them here:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Biscuits and gravy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

veal guts in south america

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Tesco microwave full Irish breakfast

I knew it was bad to even attempt to eat it but I was humouring someone. My god it was manky. I still dry retch thinking of it.

Fúck I think I'm going to be sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Pizza i got goodfellas meet feast take away ffs over salted jet a tad ??? it like eating something thats been dipped in the sea never again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

I got a meal in a scummy restaurant in Thailand that I believe had rat in it!! It was grey, stringy meat.. the worst part was we were the only people there and all the kitchen staff and waitresses sat at the table next to ours watching us!! I put one slice of carrot in my mouth and spat it out after I left!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

Ohh I ate a few al right, takes a few hours before I get the rumble.

Honestly when i get the urge, iv to brace myself against the wall and grit my theeth..... Then I let out an almighty fart that sounds like thunder, pebble dash the bowl and the flow sounds like I'm choking a duck.
    After the first break through its okay, just sit for another 20mins (Thank God for Wifi).

My ring feels like iv been bummed by king Kong afterwards though :(

Are you lactose intolerant?

Nope, anything else I'm grand with :)
    Just with Cadburys if I eat more than 1or2 bars it happens..... Weird.

Sweet username by the way :)

Sent from the toilet using Android.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

I can only make reference to my sisters cooking! oh jaysus burnt, dried out food foolishly we have been to polite to admit that her cooking is ****e and no one should suffer the tar that she would throw out to us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Clogsworth

I had a chicken burger in tgi Fridays in Orlando a couple of years ago. It was awful, the chicken was like rubber. I had to have my appendix out the next day and Im convinced it was the burger that caused it!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

Nevore wrote: »
    Biscuits and gravy.

Hob Nobs and Bisto.YUM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I have to admit I LOVE a cup of Bovril:o

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭libnation

mojesius wrote: »
    A lasagne in Tenerife -The meat was grey. Additionally, there were persistent flies everywhere, swarming around our food while we tried to eat. It was nasty.

Tenerife is nasty.

This is really weird I think I had this exact meal? Playas de la Americas had some fine eateries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 GreenFaery

Once had a vegetarian stir-fry in a hotel. The veg tasted like they were covered in pepper and I got some "lovely" tofu with it that tasted of nothing.

Also got one of those big cookies in mocha beans that left a strange fishy aftertaste. Yuck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

tesco cola :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

it was in Fuerteventura.

It was the top restaurant on trip advisor at the time which MUST have been rigged.

Everything was cooked from frozen. It was disgusting. I went on a mission to have it removed from top spot and Im delighted to say its closed now.

Worst food I ever had and a total rip off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭behan29

In bratislava a few years ago. Went to a steak house that we had eaten in before. I been a man ordered a warrior steak, thinking it would be nice. Oh dear, the whores gave me cold mince and brown bread, it looked more like warrior ****e than a steak. To this day my wife mocks me whenever I have a bad meal.

Advertisement