Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a form to place an order in dreamweaver/mysql

Options
  • 18-04-2012 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Bit of a strange thread title i know but i'll try to explain it.

Im using dreamweaver CS3 to create my site and my database is created in mysql. I need for users of the site to submit orders to the site but they must be registered in order to do so.
    I know how to get users to register to the site and their details are stored in the database.

What i want to be able to do is for users to be able to login to the site, and their name be displayed on the order page e.g. you are logged in as John and an option to logout.
    I have tried to find out about this and i think its something to do with creating sessions?? but i dont know how to do this.

Then on the order page i want to create a form that has multiple dropdown lists with a quantity to be ordered.
    e.g.
    item 1 = XYZ qty 4
    item 2 = ABC qty 2
    item 3 = HIJ qty 3

Probably up to 10 items in total, although obviously a user could just order 1 item. The price should update with each increase in quantity and give a total at the end. Then when the user hits order the order will be added to the order table in the database along with the time & date the order was placed and who the order was placed by. An admin user could view any orders by logging into an admin order page.

I know how to do a single dropdown list search but i don't know how to do a multi list with one single button that operates them all.

Basically, i want to be able to place an order on the site just by submitting a form instead of say using a paypal plugin.

So can this even be done the way i'm proposing it?

I know there is a lot in this and I hope i've been clear in what i want to do, but if anything is not, I'll try and clear it up.

Thanks.

Ps - this is not a live site, it's just a demo, so no money is needed to be transfered, and i have really only learned how to use dreamweaver through the design view - not too familar with the code.

Advertisement