Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you sleep with your window open or closed?

• 18-04-2012 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

I like to let some air in at night so keep mine open. There's nothing more unhealthy than waking to a fogged up closed window.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Closed, to keep ghosts and jesus out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

There are no windows in my parents basement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Fair play to you.

Me, I tend to keep it closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

There's nothing more unhealthy than waking to a fogged up closed window.

Ah there is, Ted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,875 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Open.....let's the smell of the overnight farts, bad breath and sweaty feet out....but other than that the wife is grand...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

KeithM89 wrote: »
    There are no windows in my parents basement.

I knew it. Sir.

Closed. Only ponces and ladymen sleep with them open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Live in Dublin so an open window is an invitation to have your tv dissapear by the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Open when i lived on my own.

She's afraid of flies and stuff so i have to keep it closed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

windows closed, but engine running to keep the de-mister going. Gotta get a house....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

open always none negotiable if she didn't like it theres a couch :pac:

• Advertisement

What about the robbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

If it was Spain I lived in rather than Ireland I might consider leaving it open at night. Our nights just get way too cold even in summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

If its a mild night with no wind, yes. But so far this year it's been freezing, it drops to 3 or 4 degrees every night for the past couple of weeks. Usually around 1 degree as I'm so close to the coast with the wind chill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Nobody ever see "Salems Lot"???
    CLOSED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Not in this country I don't - the air is generally too damp to be breathing in at night. Not good for lungs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Closed. I dont want the milk tray man getting in again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I sleep outdoors

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jakobgallagher

Closed September-May
    Open June-August

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

i leave it whatever way it is when i go to bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Depends. I don't like to leave it open on very cold nights because it seems to do bad things to my throat. In the summer always open. I love a nice cool room.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Confab wrote: »
    I knew it. Sir.

Closed. Only ponces and ladymen sleep with them open.

Tis the opposite, I am afraid. It is scared blouses who keep the window closed. Scared of robbers, vampires and Jesus, apparently.

I take my chances with my open window. I am like superman. An uber mensch when it comes to open windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

jasus, what happened there? Anyhoo, I left the windows open the other night, and in flew enza. Coughing all week I was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

mishkalucy wrote: »
    Nobody ever see "Salems Lot"???
    CLOSED

Jesus that freaked me for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Tis the opposite, I am afraid. It is scared blouses who keep the window closed. Scared of robbers, vampires and Jesus, apparently.

I take my chances with my open window. I am like superman. An uber mensch when it comes to open windows.

Once you let that dirty bastard Jesus in, he'll ruin your life.

Anytime i leave it open, there is always a trickle of blood from 2 small wounds on my neck in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Not in this country I don't - the air is generally too damp to be breathing in at night. Not good for lungs.

The inside of your lungs dry or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Has to be open for me no matter what the weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Live in Dublin so an open window is an invitation to have your tv dissapear by the morning.

That's town for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

bbam wrote: »
    Jesus that freaked me for years.

:o Even anyone talking about an open window and that was the first thing that went through my mind.
    Saw it as a kid and still traumatised:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

I have an adjustable air vent in my room :cool:

None of your window balderdash required

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I experimented for a while, but now I just leave it closed. Too bloody cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Closed. I always wake up with a blocked up nose if I sleep with the window open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

In the winter time I would have the window vents open,
    in the summer time I would have the vents open and put the window on latch,however depending on how warm the night is I would open the window out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

What about the robbers?

you could get your self a nice fancy panic room :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mummymoo

closed! its to cold and wet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Depends on the weather. Currently? Patio doors, wide ****ing open. Lovely fresh feeling to the morning.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Closed! cause a cat is always roaming around on the roof beside my window, don't wanna wake up with a cat in the bed with me, plus all the creepy crawlies come in then! Especially moths.. Ugh.. 3 huge ones were in my bedroom before, I suffered the cold leather sofa for two nights! Just incase!

For stuffy night's, you can't beat a ceiling fan blowing down on your back, best feeling ever if you burn in the sun too! Or for the best comfort, fit some HVAC or passive ventilation if your willing to go to the extreme :) or just open the window.. With a mosquito net fitted around the ope!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

There's a middle setting on Velux windows that lets in enough air to keep a room ventilated, but not enough to create a breeze. Does the job for me. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Open window for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Windows closed or I'd get a sore throat :eek:

• Advertisement

After I take my sleeping tablets it wouldn't matter what the state of the window is because nothing will wake me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I always leave it open, Even in Winter, I hate been in a stuffy room, I never even use the heater in the bedroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Open, open.. always open. I smoke a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I leave it open because I'm always snuggily warm under my Hungarian goose down duvet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

I leave it open a small bit cause I get a sore throat if I don't because my room is always dusty even when I clean it:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

I leave it open, I like the sound of the distant din and the hum of the night, makes me feel a lot less lonely:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Depends on outside weather conditions and whether the cat is inside the house for the night. If he's out I keep it closed because he climbs in and starts meowing loudly at 5am.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I had to close it to get Peter Pan to **** off.

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Open, open.. always open. I smoke a lot

Don't say you smoke in bed! That is so dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

During the summer, yes. During the spring, autumn or winter, not a hope.

• Advertisement
Advertisement