Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you sleep with your window open or closed?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

I work nights so closed and with black-out curtains to fool my body into thinking it's night-time. Doesn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Closed. I'd never sleep with the noise of cars driving past and drunk people shouting otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

black-out curtains
    Black-out curtains ftw! ****ing neighbours and their ultra-bright light! :mad:

=-=

Usually an inch ajar, but during the really bad cold spells, it's closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

I open it at night but it ends up closed by morning - I like the fresh air, but the noise gets to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

Wattle wrote: »
    If it was Spain I lived in rather than Ireland I might consider leaving it open at night. Our nights just get way too cold even in summer.

I live in Spain and keep it open most of the year, but there has been a few chilly nights this winter when I closed it . If I was up in the hills it would definitely be closed, it gets seriously cold in the winter in most parts of the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Open all the time, nothing worse than waking up in a sweaty stuffy room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 THEBALLS

I like to let some air in at night so keep mine open. There's nothing more unhealthy than waking to a fogged up closed window.

this is 2012......time to start conditioning your air sir....or the ghost of jesus will get u 1 day soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Live in top room of Victorian house so no fear of a break in. From April to September the window usually stays half open.

A Magpie flew on the window ledge at dawn one morning and started chirping loud and scared the crap out of me. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Closed, ever since that huge spider got into the house crawled into my mouth then stole my lower intestine.

True story.

By true story I of course mean irrational fear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

To those that leave your windows open, I would like to thank you. Along with your IP address and this valuable information we will be kept busy for at least a few weeks. During these recessionary times it is always good to be provided "work" leads.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

closed.
    unless it's really warm outside which doesn't happen often in this country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I have learned that girls love to close the window

I NEED AIR TO LIVE BITCH !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

bbam wrote: »
    Jesus that freaked me for years.

Just watched it on youtube. Yis are all pussys! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm not one of these freaks who claims to be "suffocating" unless they have all the windows in the building wide open. It's all in your head.

Guy I used to work with couldn't walk past a window on the floor without opening it, even when it was negative degrees outside. Drove everyone spare.

Too bloody cold for most of the year to have the window open at night, even on a latch/vent. The very odd time in the summer if it's warm but breezy I'll open it to let the room cool down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

There's a middle setting on Velux windows that lets in enough air to keep a room ventilated, but not enough to create a breeze. Does the job for me. :cool:

I have that, and its absolutely useless! it may as well be closed.

I dont get condensation on my window like OP, id say you need newer windows tbh. I sleep with my window closed, because its usually freezing outside and thats the last thing I want to wake up to. Also, too noisy and too many moths and stuff would be getting in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Open. Open open open.

Only exception is if it's stormy and the window is about to fly off it's hinges in a gale force wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Keep them closed during the long summer evenings.

You don't want to let the midgets in OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 martin kelly.

Closed unless there's a heatwave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Open a little bit to let fresh air in, only closed on the coldest of winter nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Open winter or summer, 24/7. Probably one house in set of 60 who has windows open at any time. surprised people really think its that cold in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

Open, how else is the milk tray man gonna come in and give me my fix :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

small bedroom open at night so that I won't wake up to a stale room that smells in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Slightly ajar to let some cold air in. Hate to sleep in a stuffy room, sealed in with my own farts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I always sleep with my small window open.

I hate when I travel for work and can't sleep either because it is too hot or the air con to negate the heat is too loud.

Agricola wrote: »
    Slightly ajar to let some cold air in. Hate to sleep in a stuffy room, sealed in with my own farts.

When is a window not a window?
    When it's a jar

I'm so so sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

When it's a jar

I'm so so sorry.

:(....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

When it's ajar

I'm so so sorry.

When is a joke not a joke?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

I like to sleep with the window open. I like a cool bedroom.
    My wife does not.
    Can you guess the result.... Poll to follow......:P

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fundlebundle

I love sleeping with the window open, love the smell of the night air but the neighbours cat keeps sneaking onto my bed so have to keep it closed.
    Life can be so unfair

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Plankton1

Closed closed closed!!! Always think a robber will try to get in, seeing as there is a roof below my window!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I would sleep out in the garden if i was let

keep those windows open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Small window tends to be open! I'm always warm in the night but I love waking about 6 or 7am and being a little cold cos it's been open all night and then wrapping myself up in the duvet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

depends, hot weather its open, cold weather its closed.

On holidays i was on the top floor and had the balcony doors open all night, couldn't do that on the ground floor.

AS for robbers if they took one look at me they would run a mile, they be thinking im a ghost!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I love sleeping with the window open, love the smell of the night air but the neighbours cat keeps sneaking onto my bed so have to keep it closed.
    Life can be so unfair

When i was a teen i used to leave my window open and my cat would come in and drop dead birds and mice at the foot of my bed. Sometimes she would bring me two and i would stand on one as i got up......

I loved my cat and my cat loved me RIP garffy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I like to let some air in at night so keep mine open. There's nothing more unhealthy than waking to a fogged up closed window.

buy yourself a dehumidifier then, problem solved no more fogged up windows when closed

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Open all year round on the latch. I prefer a cold room, alarm is set while the window is on the latch so if it's touched the alarm goes off. Only really close it if it's crazy windy out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

To those that leave your windows open, I would like to thank you. Along with your IP address and this valuable information we will be kept busy for at least a few weeks. During these recessionary times it is always good to be provided "work" leads.

:pac:

Ahhhh, so that's where the HUGE savings account came from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

I like to keep it open a bit, but most nights, barking dogs or alarms going off force me to close them:(

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    I like to keep it open a bit, but most nights, barking dogs or alarms going off force me to close them:(

Birds. Birds feckin tweeting and twittering* It's nice and all. But not at 5.30am.

* no social network puns please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Birds. Birds feckin tweeting and twittering* It's nice and all. But not at 5.30am.

* no social network puns please

yes the birds, like clockwork at 5.30 am:mad:

Advertisement