Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saab 9-5 Engine Management Light ??

• 18-04-2012 11:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

Me and a mate are going to Drogheda tomorrow to look at a Saab 9-5 2.0 ecopower (01 or 02) , seller says the engine management light is on and he has driven it for a couple of weeks like this. He took the car as a trade in off a relative and won't keep it because of the high tax and fuel consumption so he is selling it, (this is true as we can verify this from a work colleague).

So my question is this: Does the light in the Saab come on for any old thing or is it more serious. My father drove a Renault for 12,000km with this light on after a service off a back street mechanic and it was no bother. What's the story with the Saab lights?

What do ye think? Anything extra to look out for on the 01 9-5 2.0t? We read the write up in the Bangernomics thread posted a week or so ago, I suppose the sludge issue is also applicable to the 2.0 along with the 2.3?

Thanks in advance !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Could be anything. 9-5's generally have coil pack issues, but also have o2 sensor issues. A new o2 sensor is about 85 euro, and you'll pay a mechanic an hour's labour to fit it (The one that gives trouble is a bitch to get at and there's 2 fitted to the exhaust system). Go get it plugged in before taking the risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

The engine management light could be any one of dozens of problems. You'd want to be getting it very very cheap to be taking a risk on it.

Besides the light, a turbo charged engine requires meticulous maintenance with correct spec oil etc to remain reliable so check for a full documented history.

Advertisement