Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

STOCKING RATE-NITRATES

• 18-04-2012 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭

when calculating nitrogen kgs for nitrates do the dept use the number on hand at the end of the month or from the day the animal enters or leaves the farm.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

My understanding is that with computerised program's it is by the day now the reps schem's run a monthly version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

by the day im nearly certain. I have often wondered if I buy an animal is it double counted on two farms on the day of the movement. the day the animal is slaughtered is also included which in my mind is wrong as the animals leave my holding the night before. Nitt picking I know but when your up to the limits every little helps.

Also I have applied lots of slurry to a farm which I now have to vacate due to the death of the land owner. Anyone know how I will record this if I am not able to include this land on SFP. will try and stay in the land till the 1st of June just to use the acres for Nitrates.

Finally does anyone know if I can use Miscanthus land as part of my slurry spreading land bank and for calculating my stocking rates. There a farm beside me doing very little but growing this crap. Or am I allowed to export slurry to land with Miscanthus growing on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

Also I have applied lots of slurry to a farm which I now have to vacate due to the death of the land owner. Anyone know how I will record this if I am not able to include this land on SFP. will try and stay in the land till the 1st of June just to use the acres for Nitrates.

Finally does anyone know if I can use Miscanthus land as part of my slurry spreading land bank and for calculating my stocking rates. There a farm beside me doing very little but growing this crap. Or am I allowed to export slurry to land with Miscanthus growing on it[/QUOTE]
    cant see why you cant apply it to elephant grass once you get the form for export to another farmer,i assume you are talking about a paper only transaction and not wasting slurry on that stuff.you will probably get a anothetr year out of it if the farm is to be sold or else talk nice to the new owner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

keep going wrote: »
    cant see why you cant apply it to elephant grass once you get the form for export to another farmer,i assume you are talking about a paper only transaction and not wasting slurry on that stuff.you will probably get a anothetr year out of it if the farm is to be sold or else talk nice to the new owner

The poor man I had the land of off never had anyone help him in his life especially family, I didnt even know he had relatives. The man was dead 10 days and suddenly there are 4 family members after arriving out of the woodwork, and they seem to be of the opinion I think that possession is 9/10 of the law as they want me out straight away :mad:.

Advertisement