Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motion lines on Sony CX190

• 19-04-2012 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a Sony HD digital camcorder - CX190 - that I just use for filming bits and pieces.

Videos that I make, even when in the highest quality setting, are showing lines across the screen whenever there is any movement.

Any movement - any slight motion at all - becomes staggered.

Any ideas? Is the camera just faulty? Have only had it a few weeks.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Sounds like interlacing artefacts. Make sure you deinterlace when you export your footage. Check the manual for your editing system on how to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

m83 wrote: »
    Sounds like interlacing artefacts. Make sure you deinterlace when you export your footage. Check the manual for your editing system on how to do that.

?? Excuse my newb-ness, but what is that? I pretty much just record on the cam, which is in .MTS format, and then drag that from the SD card to my desktop? Is there some other process I should be following?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Do me a favour and post a screen-grab of the issue so we're both on the same page.

What editing software are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Just needs to be de-interlaced on export or compression.

Advertisement