Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games like Chrono Trigger/Breath Of Fire

Options
  • 19-04-2012 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hey guys im looking for any RPG PC games that are like Chrono Trigger or Breath of Fire in the sense that you have allies/team members and battle monsters through the game, but with PC graphics and not just pixelated stuff like PS1 graphics if you catch my drift.

Also my computer isn't going to be able to handle modern games like The Witcher 2 ( at the moment ;) ) so maybe games from 2008 back

Thanks a lot

P.S I have played them on emulators but I just want a proper PC game like them to enjoy and i know Breath of Fire IV has a PC version but the graphics are terrible and the gameplay isnt the best compared to others in the series.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

breath of death vii out on steam and cthulu saves the world might be up your alley.. really cheap aswell:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Jude_2010 wrote: »
    Hey guys im looking for any RPG PC games that are like Chrono Trigger or Breath of Fire in the sense that you have allies/team members and battle monsters through the game, but with PC graphics and not just pixelated stuff like PS1 graphics if you catch my drift.

Also my computer isn't going to be able to handle modern games like The Witcher 2 ( at the moment ;) ) so maybe games from 2008 back

Thanks a lot

P.S I have played them on emulators but I just want a proper PC game like them to enjoy and i know Breath of Fire IV has a PC version but the graphics are terrible and the gameplay isnt the best compared to others in the series.
    >pixelated stuff like PS1 graphics

EXCUSE YOU? That's Super Nintendo-era pixel ART, young one! :mad:

... anyway, start off with Grandia II.
    Dreamcast-era graphics, awesome battle system.
    Then play Deus Ex (yeah it's single-player, so what?) because... Deus Ex.

Have a gander through GoG's RPG catalog, too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

But... Chrono Trigger is one of the most beautiful games ever made... :confused: Why complain about the graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

I never liked Chrono Triggers art to be honest. Though I like robo's and frog's sprites.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

megaten wrote: »
    I never liked Chrono Triggers art to be honest. Though I like robo's and frog's sprites.

Banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Well... ok, some people just don't like Chrono Trigger's art because of how Toriyama's style influenced it.
    That's understandable.

BUT WRONG. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

It is odd because I really like his art in the dragon quest games. Chrono trigger as a whole never clicked with me I think.

Advertisement