Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splitting planned sets over 2 days??

• 19-04-2012 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Guys I am coming up to college exams and also have martial arts training during the week. As a result I don't have much time or energy to do my usual sets in a planned workout.
    Lets say for example on a Friday I do Arms. Hammer Curls 5x7; BB curl 5xF; Tri excercise 5xF.
    Now lets assume I dont have the energy or time to knock out the full 5 sets in the excercises above. Can I split this over 2 days. Lets say on the Friday I do 2 sets and on the saturday I pick up the other 3.
    My question is, will this lessen my results. Or will the added frequency of two sessions on the same groups in successive days (albeit less intense) balance out. In any case my weight lifted and reps per set are unchanged. The only change will be the amount of sets on a given day, with the intention of picking up "lost sets" the following day/morning.

Is this ok or should I just battle through the fatigue and knock out the full amount of reps. I am only proposing doing this when I am short on time. Say on long college days which fall on a lifting day, or martial art training days that fall on a lifting day. Any help appreciated.
    Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If you are short on time just cut the session short and forget about the lost sets.
    You be better of doing something else the next day rather than repeating the exercises

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Blademania

Id consentrate on biceps on one day and triceps on a diff day. If your want to get bigger arms you need to burn those suckers individually!! Everyone is diff in there training but one thing is for sure, you have to consentrate on one muscle at a time to get the best results. There both diff muscles so u can treat them as that.
    Just for instants, I do biceps on a monday after I do chest cause my biceps are warmed up after my chest exercises and I blitz my bi's then with curls, bar and dumbells etc. I do triceps on a thursday after i do shoulders cause there warm to and then hit my tri's with all kinds of extentions, bar, dumbell and cable extentions.
    If your short on time maximise your efforts and wear out one set of muscles at a time for max effect...working a bit of everything wont work as well.
    And big triceps are the key to big looking arms!!
    I hope thats what you were looking for!!

Advertisement