Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Gym

• 19-04-2012 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking for the nearest gyms in my area, I'm living in and around LIT and I'm wondering what are the nearest gyms.

Thinking of switching, as my current gym is an hours walk:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

There's a gym in the Greenhills hotel on the Ennis Road and another at the Strand Hotel by Sarsfield Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

my current gym is an hours walk:(
    ....and the last thing you want going to the gym is added exercise :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    ....and the last thing you want going to the gym is added exercise :)

Ha ha, the walk isn't a problem, its just when the weather is bad it can be a nightmare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

There's a gym in the Greenhills hotel on the Ennis Road and another at the Strand Hotel by Sarsfield Bridge.

I'd stay away from The Greenhills, its very expensive, they don't give you a towel (only place I've seen that won't), and its generally a bit grotty!!

I was a member in The Strand, its lovly, bright, clean, air conditioned gym etc but it is quite crowded, and when I wsa there, they had an issue with both gym equipment and the steamroom and juccuzi being frequently out of order!!

alan1990 wrote: »
    I'd stay away from The Greenhills, its very expensive, they don't give you a towel (only place I've seen that won't), and its generally a bit grotty!!

I was a member in The Strand, its lovly, bright, clean, air conditioned gym etc but it is quite crowded, and when I wsa there, they had an issue with both gym equipment and the steamroom and juccuzi being frequently out of order!!

How much is it? I was on the website and they didn't have any information regarding prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I'm a member there and not much has changed with stuff being broken. There's been a change of management I believe which has made a bit of a difference...place is cleaner...

A_Sober_Paddy, it's expensive for adult membership, around 600 for a year. Student is 37 a month direct debit or 395 for a year I think.

I'm a member there and not much has changed with stuff being broken. There's been a change of management I believe which has made a bit of a difference...place is cleaner...

A_Sober_Paddy, it's expensive for adult membership, around 600 for a year. Student is 37 a month direct debit or 395 for a year I think.

Wow that's very expensive mate...

I currently pay €149 for 6 months

So anyone know what the prices are at the strand gym?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Wow that's very expensive mate...

I currently pay €149 for 6 months

Wheres that??

Wheres that??

Punches Hotel

• Advertisement

So after having a look around at the gyms in the city...

My current gym is the cheapest by a long way. The strand's summer special 3 months for €175, compared to 6 months for €150:confused:

Advertisement