Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Programming help for beginner

Options
  • 19-04-2012 8:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello,

I am a beginner programmer who is trying to build an own application for the first time.

My interest is to build a softphone or a webphone. After looking at numerous solutions on the Internet I decided on the followings: http://www.voip-sip-sdk.com/p_89-sdp-sip-calls-voip.html

The page is about an article (Working with SDP in VoIP SIP calls) that describes general information abut SDP, and also how it is related to an SDK called Ozeki SIP SDK. An own application can be built with this solution.

I chose an SDK because as a beginner programmer I thought that I will reduce the development perido, however I found the source code explanation really hard probably because of the lack of programming expericence.

Could you please guid me how should I start?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Tomas_S

It says that you need to know C# programming language doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Ah I think this is a cool project, but if you are just a beginner it's an awful lot to digest in one go.

Maybe you should start off by becoming familiar with .Net before getting stuck into the Voip SDK. Maybe if you got Visual Studio going and built a simple calculator first you would become more familiar with C# .When you do finally get to doing your softphone the learning curve won't be as bad.

Also buttons,numbers,input/output etc. Doing a calculator would mean you have a lot of the basics of the phone already started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sanderson40

Thanks for your answers.

k.p.h I will definitely take your advice. I know there is still a long road ahead of me and I am happy that others are willing to help :)

Take care.

Advertisement