Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seed Swap

Options
  • 19-04-2012 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Not sure if anyone would be interested but i've set up a new group on facebook called Seed Swap Ireland if you're interested in joining. Basically my idea is, we put up seeds we have too much of or don't want. Any feedback welcome :). No money involved what so ever it's just a way of passing on and receiving a few seeds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Great idea. It is very big in the UK especially on allotment websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pepperpixie

thanks Redser, that's how i got the idea, i came across a UK based one on FB and then realised that most people might not want to post to ROI so thought i'd just try set up my own one, not sure if anyone will be interested or not but sure it's worth a try!! No point in pkts of seeds rotting away in presses etc when someone might be grateful of them. This in my contribution to the recession and recycling!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

great idea :0 ust joined yer group. i've no seeds to swap but i'll try get some :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Good idea

david75 wrote: »
    great idea :0 ust joined yer group. i've no seeds to swap but i'll try get some :)

welcome on board, possibly i've named the group incorrectly, you don't necessarily have to have seeds to swap now, just ask for what you want, and whenever you do have leftover/spare seeds just post them up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭muckyhands

Excellent idea pepperpixie, Ill defo check it out. Im forever collecting seeds from the plot/ garden etc. :)

muckyhands wrote: »
    Excellent idea pepperpixie, Ill defo check it out. Im forever collecting seeds from the plot/ garden etc. :)

Brilliant!! Thank you!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Great idea, I'm always collecting seeds. Am off to join.:)

cotton wrote: »
    Great idea, I'm always collecting seeds. Am off to join.:)

great, see you there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Good idea...will check it out too..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

SEED SWAP EIRE? is that it?

j@utis wrote: »
    SEED SWAP EIRE? is that it?

No sorry, it's Seed Swap Ireland, see link below :)

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/367532439965392/

Advertisement