Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying boards.ie smiley.

• 19-04-2012 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭

This one :rolleyes:

I think it should be gotten rid of. It pisses me off as its mostly used by morons posting something idiotic. The rest of them of them are grand. What say you AH?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Was gotten rid off.
    Was brought back.

And this topic was posted yesterday (or the day before).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Yawn...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Tis little you have to worry about!!

I like him :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

It was gotten rid of a few years ago, then the equilivalent of youtubers on Boards banded together to petition it's return. Saddest time of my life witnessing the nerdiness of it all.

-Funk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Tis little you have to worry about!!

I like him :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I like him too. Plus, I get frustrated when I can't send that wee face in my texts! Nothing works better in some instances than that wee boyo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I like rasher sandwiches with a bit of hp brown sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

I'm not able to do sarcasm, that smiley is the only way I can convey sarcasm.

Take it away and I'm literally fcuked.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

No, keep it. Its only a bloody smiley face, why would anybody let something so stupid annoy them? :rolleyes:

If you like one of their family you have to get on with the rest of them.

This fella makes it allllll worth it: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

MadYaker wrote: »

I think it should be gotten rid of. It pisses me off as its mostly used by morons posting something idiotic. The rest of them of them are grand. What say you AH?

:rolleyes:

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭jacool

I thought it was handy if you :rolleyes: thought the previous post was poor.
    That he was looking up going, tut tut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

pacman as a smiley is awesome though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Yes,
    that's the reason we shouldn't get rid of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Thread in Feedback regarding this also.

You really have to have control issues if you want to ban an emoticon just because some people use it inappropriately or where it is unwarranted. Sure users will just post *rolleyes* if it is and/or just ':pac:' at your post instead.

I don't see the problem with the little feller myself - leave him be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Ah look at his little blue cute face, with his little smiley wiley woo.

How could you hate him?

Do you hate puppies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

they got rid of pacman for years...the bastards

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

I demand more smilys!!

:D;):p:):rolleyes::o:mad::(:eek::cool::P:confused::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Thread in Feedback regarding this also.

You really have to have control issues if you want to ban an emoticon just because some people use it inappropriately or where it is unwarranted.

I have control issues because I get a slightly annoyed when people use a stupid looking smiley on an internet forum...... right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Maybe ban its use on its own: eg quoting a long post and countering it with :rolleyes:.

I think you should be obliged to post it along with a certain number of letters to raise the chances of it being used in conjunction with an actual argument.
    Too often it's the refuge of a person who knows they've lost an argument and have nothing to come back with.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I have control issues because I get a slightly annoyed when people use a stupid looking smiley on an internet forum...... right.
    You missed out on a good opportunity to use :rolleyes: there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yes but you see I didn't need it. Its useless.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement