Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel Near The Foundry

Options
  • 19-04-2012 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭

Can anyone give me any info on hotels or places to stay that is pretty much near The Foundry nightclub or Within Walking distance to this and the Main street..

Dinn Ri i've tried and its sold out on the days i want.

Any info would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Try the Redsetter B&B, courthouse hotel or a little further out is the seven oaks but still within a 5 minute walk of the foundry.

There are a couple of other B&Bs around the town which are close enough for a 5-10 minute walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Can anyone give me any info on hotels or places to stay that is pretty much near The Foundry nightclub or Within Walking distance to this and the Main street..

Dinn Ri i've tried and its sold out on the days i want.

Any info would be great
    Reddy's down the end of Tullow St, The Courthouse hotel on Dublin St, Seven Oaks hotel a short walk out the Athy road near the Garda station but still in the town.

Also Red Setter Guesthouse on Dublin St

The Green Lane on the way into Carlow from the roundabout at Braun is littered with guesthouses and B&Bs and there are more in the town out near the rowing club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Ewings is another B&B that's only a 5 minute walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bogof

The Redsetter and Barrow lodge B&B are the closest approved places nearest the Foundry.. beware of unapproved b&b's, I got caught in a kip lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Barrowville on the Kilkenny Road is less than 10 mins walk, certainly no further out than the Seven Oaks, just in the opposite direction. According to Google maps its 7 mins from Barrowville v 8 mins from de Oaks.

http://www.barrowville.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Barrowville on the Kilkenny Road is less than 10 mins walk, certainly no further out than the Seven Oaks, just in the opposite direction. According to Google maps its 7 mins from Barrowville v 8 mins from de Oaks.

http://www.barrowville.com/

Unless it's under new ownership I'd stay well clear of that place.

There's a lovely B&B beside the rowing club.

Is the Ritz still open across the road from the foundry?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bogof

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Unless it's under new ownership I'd stay well clear of that place.

There's a lovely B&B beside the rowing club.

Is the Ritz still open across the road from the foundry?

The one beside the Rowing club is Barrow Lodge.

The Ritz closed up a year ago or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

bogof wrote: »
    The one beside the Rowing club is Barrow Lodge.

The Ritz closed up a year ago or more.

Thats the one. Couldn't remember the name. Great place to stay.

Advertisement