Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks Eircom - Well Done - Fair Play!

Options
  • 19-04-2012 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

For all your help to your customers on boards.ie.

Now, any chance you would reply to either THIS or THIS please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

jeckle wrote: »
    For all your help to your customers on boards.ie.

Now, any chance you would reply to either THIS or THIS please?

Hi jeckle

I did investigate this issue for you last October and was advised that the two providers have yet to come to agreement on this issue. I have chased this again this week and status appears to remain the same.
    We do not have any further information on this issue at this time and would expect to have this only once negotiations have been finalised.
    I have asked that we be advised of any change and will post this to you as soon as this is available.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

Hi jeckle

I did investigate this issue for you last October and was advised that the two providers have yet to come to agreement on this issue. I have chased this again this week and status appears to remain the same.
    We do not have any further information on this issue at this time and would expect to have this only once negotiations have been finalised.
    I have asked that we be advised of any change and will post this to you as soon as this is available.
    Tony
    Thanks Tony.

Yes , you did at the time , but according to recent posts HERE and HERE by the Three Rep, it looks as if he is putting the blame for this debacle firmly in the hands of Eircom, & that Three are blameless in the entire matter. So, there must be some update on this - otherwise the Three Rep would not have changed from ''Three do not support this feature'' to ''It's not an issue on Three's side'' & ''Have you checked with Eircom''

As I'm sure you can appreciate, from a customer's point of view this is very frustrating, & confusing due to apparent conflicting information being given. All customers want is for it to be sorted, & for you to confirm or deny that it is in fact Eircom who are blocking this feature as stated implied by the Three Rep.

Anyway, I appreciate as always your help on this matter & look forward to any updates you can provide as you receive them.

Thanks Tony.

Yes , you did at the time , but according to recent posts HERE and HERE by the Three Rep, it looks as if he is putting the blame for this debacle firmly in the hands of Eircom, & that Three are blameless in the entire matter. So, there must be some update on this - otherwise the Three Rep would not have changed from ''Three do not support this feature'' to ''It's not an issue on Three's side'' & ''Have you checked with Eircom''

As I'm sure you can appreciate, from a customer's point of view this is very frustrating, & confusing due to apparent conflicting information being given. All customers want is for it to be sorted, & for you to confirm or deny that it is in fact Eircom who are blocking this feature as stated implied by the Three Rep.

Anyway, I appreciate as always your help on this matter & look forward to any updates you can provide as you receive them.

Hi jeckle
    When this was set up it appears that only Vodafone, O2 & Meteor mobile networks were able to receive texts from fixed SMS.
    The procedure as far as I know, requires a request has to come into eircom to update / upgrade the platform to allow a provider to receive fixed SMS.
    Will see if I can add more later.
    Tony

Hi jeckle
    When this was set up it appears that only Vodafone, O2 & Meteor mobile networks were able to receive texts from fixed SMS.
    The procedure as far as I know, requires a request has to come into eircom to update / upgrade the platform to allow a provider to receive fixed SMS.
    Will see if I can add more later.
    Tony
    Thanks Tony.

This information ties in with what the Three Rep said HERE . So I suppose the next question is did Eircom actually receive such a request from Three, & what has happened to it.

Thanks Tony.

This information ties in with what the Three Rep said HERE . So I suppose the next question is did Eircom actually receive such a request from Three, & what has happened to it.

I don't know how far back to go on that jeckle but I have asked. It may not be possible for me to get this though.
    Tony

• Advertisement

I don't know how far back to go on that jeckle but I have asked. It may not be possible for me to get this though.
    Tony
    Thanks Tony.

The Three Rep has today stated IN THIS POST that this is not a Three issue - they have investigated and want to introduce it but cannot.

In fairness to Three, I don't think they can make things much clearer than that - so it certainly seems that the issue is definitely an Eircom one, so the ball seems firmly in your court on this one.

The Three Rep has today stated IN THIS POST that the best advice he can give is to keep talking to Eircom about it, as it's not a Three issue.

Hi Tony,

The Three Rep refuses to co-operate with customers in providing a date that this request was sent to Eircom. On top of that Dav (Boards Community Manager) has stated that it's absurd for Three customers to ask for this date as it's confidendial business information & jor el (Biz Cmod) has confirmed that Three have given all the answers they're ever going to give on boards.ie. The thread has now been locked, so it will just disappear. The issue will not, however.

So, it's now the case that Three customers have effectively been prevented from talking to Three on the Talk to Three forum regarding this issue. Another thread has been moved to Consumer Affairs, but the Three Rep would not be in a position to post there, even if he had an update.

So, would you mind just clarifying that you are still looking in to this issue with a view to a satisfactory resolution, or have Eircom, like Three given all the answers they're ever going to give here. Are we wasting our time & should boards just go ahead lock this thread as well, so as it too can disappear?

Thanks again for your help so far.

Advertisement