Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do we accept bullying in society??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

I don't agree with any of the above!
    Doesn't matter if you do or not. That's why we have majority consensus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

are we suppose to befriend ginger tops now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Whether the group preventing the same sex marriage is larger or smaller than those who are pro same sex marriages is irrelevant.
    To prevent it when it makes no odds to your life ...is bullying and discriminatory!!!

Next!

OP i think it is YOU who is unwilling to listen to reason and what other posters are showing you is the fallacy of your many arguments. is it that you are trying to be trendy or "contraverrshall" with your regurgitated nonsense?

your OP could have fitted into numerous current threads in here on AH, or one of the orher many forums on boards (although in other less tolerant of bullshít froums your thread would have been closed qiuckly and you would quite rightly have been told to píss off!).

the majority of people do not discriinate on an individual basis. a decision that is beyond the rights of the individual for the benefit of the majority is reached via a concensus. if you dont want to fall in line with that concensus, then nobody is bullying you into staying in this country, you are more than welcome to leave if you so wish to do so.

now would you care to simply say "Next!" again, or would you care to address these and the other points i have made?

as for your humanist marriages argument- they're working on it, just for you:

http://www.oireachtas.ie/documents/bills28/bills/2011/6511/b7511s.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

In a battle of wits you, my friend, are half armed!!!

That's all I need. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

xsiborg wrote: »
    OP i think it is YOU who is unwilling to listen to reason and what other posters are showing you is the fallacy of your many arguments. is it that you are trying to be trendy or "contraverrshall" with your regurgitated nonsense?

In your opinion!!!

your OP could have fitted into numerous current threads in here on AH, or one of the orher many forums on boards (although in other less tolerant of bullshít froums your thread would have been closed qiuckly and you would quite rightly have been told to píss off!).

In your opinion again ...yawn!!!

the majority of people do not discriinate on an individual basis. a decision that is beyond the rights of the individual for the benefit of the majority is reached via a concensus. if you dont want to fall in line with that concensus, then nobody is bullying you into staying in this country, you are more than welcome to leave if you so wish to do so.

What bullsh1t are you spouting???
    Consensus - haha. Why do you think anyone should have respect for discriminatory catholic church based lawmaking?
    If some laws are discriminatory and bullying in nature it is my duty to speak out about them.

Of course I am more than welcome to leave this country if I like ..as you are I imagine.
    As is any citizen. But thank you for your kind offer.

as for your humanist marriages argument- they're working on it, just for you:

http://www.oireachtas.ie/documents/bills28/bills/2011/6511/b7511s.pdf

Not just for me sunshine. For everyone. (but it's not in yet!)

Next!

In your opinion!!!

In your opinion again ...yawn!!!

well whose opinion do you want? i cant give you someone else's opinion so there's no need to state the obvious.
    What bullsh1t are you spouting???
    Consensus - haha. Why do you think anyone should have respect for discriminatory catholic church based lawmaking?

in your opinion (see? two can do that!), more misguided nonsense, but you carry on.
    If some laws are discriminatory and bullying in nature it is my duty to speak out about them.
    it is of course, now you just have to find someone who agrees with you and ye can start a party!
    Of course I am more than welcome to leave this country if I like ..as you are I imagine.
    As is any citizen. But thank you for your kind offer.

i am not the one complaining about the laws in this country, i am quite happy with my lot and the status quo as it stands. you're the one who seems to be unhappy with the status quo.
    Not just for me sunshine. For everyone. (but it's not in yet!)

sunshine... i like that, i should subscribe and change my username to sunshine, but i like you more and would like to subscribe to your newsletter instead. seems like the best way to keep up on the aggregated regurgitated opinions of others.
    Next!

indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

ch750536 wrote: »
    I want less bullying of stark bollocks naked people. I myself am stark bollocks naked and frequently get strange looks, arrested or even talked about behind my back.

Maybe you've got a lovely arse?

MadYaker wrote: »
    ch750536 wrote: »
    I want less bullying of stark bollocks naked people. I myself am stark bollocks naked and frequently get strange looks, arrested or even talked about behind my back.

Maybe you've got a lovely arse?

That's nice!
    Makes a change from sigh-bore, who seems to be just talking through his!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

That's nice!

Keep up the name calling. It's a form of bullying, don't you know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Although I wouldn't class it as bullying, why should this "consensus" dictate who someone should marry or whether or not they have the choice to abort ?? These are all legal in the majority of western developed, industrialized nations. Women are flocking to the UK in their thousands every year for this, quite fruitless for all you moral, holy joes to continue harping on about.

Same shower of morons who then complain about single mothers and their child benefits. No one's business about your sexual preferences or whether or not you're ready for a child.

That's nice!

ok, ok eyescream, i'll give you that one, genuinely made me lol... :D
    Pherekydes wrote: »
    Keep up the name calling. It's a form of bullying, don't you know?

sigh-bore now in fairness was bloody inspired! :D

:)
    Glad we agree on something!

Advertisement