Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Divisional Round - *Friday-Tuesday*

Options
  • 19-04-2012 11:40am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I think there is just one game remaining to be played tonight.

The divisional round will be as follows:

NFC:

49ers @ Packers
    Bears @ Cardinals

AFC:

Colts @ Broncos

Bills@ Jets

Could the packers and Cardinals let me know if they can play tonight after the Cowboys/Bears game or tomorrow evening? I should also be around Sunday night if that suits better.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

cowboys bears play tonight around seven

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Available Friday from 7.30pm
    I'm not available Saturday
    Available Sunday (preferable), Mon, Tue from 7.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

I could do friday at 9. I am still trying to avoid going out.....

I am done with this exam period on monday though, so if I win, I may not be around much next week for the Bertie-Bowl. Wooohoooo!!

Davis vs Hoppes (top two receivers this year by yards)

Bookies say Hoppes to get more yards, but Davis to get more TD's.....
    McG wrote: »

daflood wrote: »

I am done with this exam period on monday though, so if I win, I may not be around much next week for the Bertie-Bowl. Wooohoooo!!

Might not be available tomorrow evening after all, probably won't know for sure till tomorrow afternoon. Could you do Sunday instead?

Yep should be fine.

Might not be available tomorrow evening after all, probably won't know for sure till tomorrow afternoon. Could you do Sunday instead?

• Advertisement

Yep should be fine.

cool, see you Sunday @ 7.30 (that time ok?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Dave, Monday night @ 10pm would be best for me. Can do earlier that night if needs be,

I'd say that I will still be studying at that stage. Hows 8.30?
    Yep should be fine.

cool, see you Sunday @ 7.30 (that time ok?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Hi adro. If paddy holds on to his lead, I can do later tonight about 12, would that be too late? Could also do tomorrow at 4, or during the day on Saturday, or any time Sunday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

What's the earliest you can do saturday?

I could go with sunday evening either, should be back around 9 I'd say.

• Advertisement

When are you around Shane I'm free most of the weekend

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I
    NFC:

49ers @ Packers
    Bears @ Cardinals

AFC:

Colts @ Broncos
    Bills@ Jets

My predictions in bold
    I'll stick up a preview for the Colts game but probably wont be til tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I think the Cardinals will win, the Packers will win, the Broncos will win and the Jets will win. It says something about my schedule that 6 of the 8 teams in the divisional round are teams I had to play, one of them twice. The Bears can throw a lot of picks, and the Cardinals can pick a lot of balls off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

the Niners love being written off, the more people that don't give us a chance the better....

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

When are you around Shane I'm free most of the weekend

Say tomorrow around 8?

Prefect see you then

adrian522 wrote: »
    What's the earliest you can do saturday?

I could go with sunday evening either, should be back around 9 I'd say.

I can now do Friday night about 10:15 if it suits. At the moment I can get on all morning and afternoon on Saturday but it may change depending on me having a match. I don't think I'll have one so how early do you wanna play?

Hi, tonight would be fine at 10:15.

Let's go with that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

AFC West is a different division this year.
    The rookie Broncos HC has done fantastic things in Denver and ultimately won his division relatively easily. The Colts are a known quantity, they'll either kill you with the Rivers/Davis combo or while you're trying to stop that have McFadden break off a gouging run.

The Colts came off a SB loss and had a poor run but then went on win streak of 11 games and then lost to the Bengals (could be a point to note here).
    It is a fascinating matchup, after a split of season series.
    The Broncos have a good good win runs broken up by losses (Jets, Packers, Chargers) so no shame in any of those.

Passing game
    COLTS

AS above the Colts are a known quantity here, but it doesn't make them any easier to stop as this analyst knows! Rivers may air it out to his WRs but when he needs to move the chains, the pigskin is going to Finely, Finely is fresh off a 100 yard + game grabbbing himself a TD in the wildcard.
    Colts have passed for over 3000 yards this season with big V Davis taking 1600+ yards
    Knox and Wallace are also dangers and if the Broncos concentrate on Davis they may leave themselves open to getting burned
    Hall CB will struggle to add to his interception count in this game I think

Broncos:
    Chandler Jones has had an impressive season,throwing for over 3000 yards aswell and grabbing himself a season rating of 104 to Rivers 75.
    For me the best thing about Jones is his TD vs Int ratio 28 Vs 11 its also very impressive.
    Cody Hoppes as been impressive at TE for the Broncos getting himself nearly 1400 yards and 11 TDs and averaging 20.4 yards per catch (slight better than Davis at 19.4).
    While the colts use their WRs to back up Davis, the Broncos use Tony Moeaki and they use him well.
    51 catches, 710 yards, avg of 13.9 and 8 TDs.
    Darby SS is a danger for the Colts and has hauled himself in 5 ints this year and with the number of ints Rivers has throw he would be confident in adding to his tally in this game.

Rushing
    Colts

McFadden has been pretty prolific this year, 292 carries, 1829 yards and 21 TDs, he is a real threat make no mistake about it.
    The problem is here is standing off the line of scrimmage to keep Davis shackled opens up the field to McFadden and he is deadly at exploiting any space.

Broncos
    The Broncos arent as prolific on the ground with LeSean McCoy getting 1305 yards from 195 carries giving him nearly a yard mroe average than McFadden, he also gets 11 TDs.
    While McCoy is the primary threat, RB Helu gives some decent assistance on the ground with 521 yards and 6 TDs.

The Prediction
    This for me is an interesting match up.
    Essentially its 1 TE Colts Vs 2 TE Broncos
    its 1 RB Cotls Vs 2 RBs Broncos

The stats are similar but the Broncos share the offensive burden among their 2 TEs and 2 RBs where as the Colts are focus on their 2 stars and then get the 2 WRs they keep the defence off balance.

I'm going to go with the Colts on this, if (and its a big if - despite the Broncos being #1 in pass defence) the Broncos manage to shut down the Rivers/Davis axis while also stopping key completions to the WRs, McFadden will have a field day with porous run defence of the Broncos.

I think the game will be tight but the Colts will take a lead and wont lose it as Davis and McFadden will keep the chains moving. This will force the Broncos to air it out and it'll be turned over.

Colts by 10-14 Points.

Best of luck to both teams, I think this would be a pretty entertaining game to watch tbh.

I'd say that I will still be studying at that stage. Hows 8.30?

see you at 8.30 then :)

• Advertisement

Colts by 10-14 Points.

Best of luck to both teams, I think this would be a pretty entertaining game to watch tbh.

:eek:

Thats a much bigger margin than I would have imagined. I'm not even sure I'd make myself favourite in this one.

:eek:

Thats a much bigger margin than I would have imagined. I'm not even sure I'd make myself favourite in this one.

My reasoning is Davis McG, he'll keep the chains moving and ensure you keep the board ticking over but when you get near the red zone McFadden will be able to run it in.
    In the 4th you'll be up by a score and it will cause the Broncos to air it out it'll get picked and then McFadden will run off the clock and grab himself a TD or get your a FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Colts by 10-14 Points.

Yes it will be an interesting game. personally i see the bronco's being a 7 point favorites. You say that bronco's have 2 TE'S but if you don't give the colts cornerback help over the top with a safety. Megatron will power it home for touchdowns. With Moeaki being the best back up tight end in the league. This team is genuine 2 tight end team.

If you do that you have Hopes lineup with a linebacker, if you go to nickel, Lesean McCoy will run all over you. Plus if the bronco's get ahead, there pass rush will get to Rivers quicker than Davis can make the break. Von Miller, JPP and Carlos Dunlap , 3 genuine high end pass rushers.

While the Colts have Knox/Davis and Mcfadden as there main threats. Both Davis and Mcfadden have the skills to change the game , but I'd say Mcfadden will be kept under wraps. So it will be up to Veron Davis to do it, and he will most certainty be double covered for most of the game.

So for me Bronco's 8.5 points on the spread is a minimum.

Berty 3rd times a charm ? or should we say 5th times a charm :) Ive "confidence" going into this one ... no wait thats the wrong word , I've "Arian Foster" who cut you up for 84 yard in 4 attempts in week 1 :)

Hows Saturday night or Sunday night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Dave, Monday night at 10 is best for me. Can fit in with something else if thats not good ( not Tuesday though ).

Ive a pro franchise game, hows 1030 on monday?

Bronco's 8.5 points on the spread is a minimum.
    Colts by 10-14 Points.

Pundits are all over the place on this one. No one saying it'll be that tight.
    I'd give the Broncos the edge (they've been more consistent) but keep the spread at less than a TD

The pundits are all over this game, due to the obvious comparison of Davis vs Hoppes.

I think the game will be very close. The end score might not be, if the team that's behind has to get aggressive in the fourth and could create turnovers.

My prediction: One of us to win by 10... (copout)
    Bronco's 8.5 points on the spread is a minimum.
    Colts by 10-14 Points.

Pundits are all over the place on this one. No one saying it'll be that tight.
    I'd give the Broncos the edge (they've been more consistent) but keep the spread at less than a TD

The pundits are all over this game, due to the obvious comparison of Davis vs Hoppes.

I think the game will be very close. The end score might not be, if the team that's behind has to get aggressive in the fourth and could create turnovers.

My prediction: One of us to win by 10... (copout)

Yeah this is my reasoning daflood. Both QBs are good and honestly Jones is ahead of Rivers due less ints. Howver in the battle of the TEs though you have a very good one and a good one, the Colts have an excellent one.

I think that if the Colts are ahead you'll feel pressured to air it out and that'll be game.

• Advertisement

Hope Locker doesn't sh1t himself tonight in his first big game as QB in the new look offense.

Advertisement