Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

licence trouble

Options
  • 19-04-2012 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all sold my gun to a dealer for cash put a deposit on a gun been sold private there was a bit more paper work by buying private but the sergeant in the sub station helped filling it out and dropped it in to the main branch and thats where it been ever since febuary i have recieved the letter saying they recieved it on 1 march gone.I rang the super got the usual there under staffed he blamed the new admin girl but said i have it in the next week so after two weeks of not been successful in the post i rang again to be told the super was on hols and it was sitting on his desk and cant go anywhere till he sign it.This is only a sub licence dont think it should take this long has anyone experenced this delay and can i get the gun on the letter of recieved.All this would put me off buying or changing a gun

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Same happened to me and I wouldnt bother going through it all again if I could manage it! The problem I had was that it was held up all the way to getting to the super, then when they got their act in order the super was on holidays! (they love their hoildays, they do) :rolleyes: If I were you id bite my thongue and say nothing for a week or 2 then contact the guard in the substation that helped you out and ask him could he look into it! I wouldnt go ringing the super again if I coul avoid it in case they decide to ess you about even more! It really would put you off especially as you have traded in your own and are without a gun while all this messing is going on!

Advertisement