Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help, how do I deactivate tamper alarm??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cathbabushka

here's the pic, after all that

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Disconnect the blue and take out that side of the resistor.
    Connect that and the red cable into the 5th terminal and connect the other resistor into the 6th terminal.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Disconnect the blue and take out that side of the resistor.
    Connect that and the red cable into the 5th terminal and connect the other resistor into the 6th terminal.[/QUOTE

Hi, I haven't done any more work on the alarm because I can't follow the instructions. This is risky, so I need to know exactly what I'm doing, otherwise I can't go near it. I've a child to rear!

I don't understand what 'take out that side of the resistor' means.

Is the resistor the clear plastic yoke holding the thin cables, or is it the thicker peachy coloured, striped wire??

When you say 'Connect that...', are you referring to the resistor?

What's the 'other resistor' you're referring to? Having said all this, I'm sure we're nearly there...
    Catherine

e

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its really safe as long as you have turned mains off.
    The resistors are the components with the coloured stripes on them.
    ill try draw up a diagram later.

brilliant! thanks. maybe let me know in what state do i have the other zones -- do i have them closed up as normal, or do i have them opened with the wires joined up??

• Advertisement

Wire as shown below using only Red & Black.
    202033.gif
    This will remove the blue/yellow so these connections in the sensors will not matter.

that's fantastic thanks. will do this soon, but it's not so easy to get the time during the week, in daylight hours, so will do this over weekend.

No bother, let me know how you get on.

Hi there, I never managed to mend that alarm, because no matter how many times I read the instructions and looked at the diagram you did for me, I just couldn't figure out what to do. I just didn't know what was meant by most of it, especially 'take out that side of the resistor'. When I looked at all the wires, I couldn't match the instructions to the cables at all.

If you're around and willing, would you be able to help me again?? I'm attaching a photo of the alarm as it is now. I'm going away for a month in 2 days, so would really love this to be mended before I go, otherwise my home is effectively uninsured, unless I pay them extra coz alarm isn't functioning (a lot of hassle). The builders were to come back, they promised, and then they went out of business!

Thanks, Catherine

Disconnect the blue & remove that leg of the resistor from the connection block.
    Connect the red to the single leg of the resistor with the white tape on it & connect that into terminal 27 . Connect the other single leg on the other resistor in to terminal 28.

• Advertisement

Thanks for these instructions, I think I'll be able to follow them. Now all I have to do is wait for a bit of daylight. Will let you know how I get on. I only have tomorrow to fix it... Catherine

No problem.
    Good luck with it.

Hi, desperately need help! I never did get to mend the alarm and have been doing without it all these months. Now it is blasting away all on its own. I can't turn it off. Have tried to disconnect the battery but the wires are wedged in firmly. Should I get a pliers and yank out the wires? The power in the number pad is very faint and there are no numbers or info on it. I think maybe it's been on battery for a long time and now the battery is nearly out of power. It's blasting for 30 so far... and it's 10.30pm. At least it's not making a noise outside. Would love your help if you get this v soon. Thanks, Catherine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Hi, desperately need help! I never did get to mend the alarm and have been doing without it all these months. Now it is blasting away all on its own. I can't turn it off. Have tried to disconnect the battery but the wires are wedged in firmly. Should I get a pliers and yank out the wires? The power in the number pad is very faint and there are no numbers or info on it. I think maybe it's been on battery for a long time and now the battery is nearly out of power. It's blasting for 30 so far... and it's 10.30pm. At least it's not making a noise outside. Would love your help if you get this v soon. Thanks, Catherine

Hold onto the clear plastic stub at the end of the red cable just where it is attached to the battery, then pull it away from the battery, if your hand cannot do it then try a pliers, just be carefull don't cut the cable.

Thanks so much for this speedy reply! 5 minutes ago I noticed that the keypad at the front door had more power in it than before -- I could see numbers and words on it that weren't there before. I typed in the code -- and the alarm stopped. Magic. I'm wondering did the blaring somehow recharge the battery. If that's the case, I have a certain length of time before this happens again. I'll do what you suggest, except that I'm wondering will this lead to the bell outside the house being set off?? Mercifully, this time only the indoor bell was blaring. I would still love to mend the alarm myself -- I got pretty far by following the instructions above, but just could never quite figure out the very last instructions. That's why I'm having problems now, and I'll continue to have them until I cop on and get it mended! If you've any more advice, I'd love to hear it. Thanks again, very much appreciated. Catherine

Advertisement