Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppy eating Grass

• 19-04-2012 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

My puppy has starting to graze on grass & I'm worried that the food he's on isn't suitable for his tummy.

I have read on-line that if they eat grass, they could have an upset tummy & this helps with digestion etc....

He's on Royal Canin Junior at the moment.. He's only 4 months old today!

He does eat his food but doesn't get overly excited about eating it! He's very quick to catch anything that falls on the floor & he gobbles it up straight away before you can get it.

Does anyone know if I should change his food? Is he getting all his nutrients with the Royal Canin? (it does say 100% complete)

I also wormed him 2 nights ago.

Any help please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

<modsnip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

M25 wrote: »
    He's only 4 months old today!

There's your answer - puppies will eat anything and everything!! :pac::pac:

One thing you need to be mindful of is Lungworm - if the dog eats grass with
    slugs/snails on it they could catch it so make sure your wormer covers it.

What kind of dog is he and posters with the same breed may be able to offer suggestions? My guy is a retriever and has been a RAW boy the last few months and has never been better.

Another thing you could try is to start his obedience training and teach him the leave it command ;)

Advertisement